New Source for Tevis Accumulator Balls

Les Borda

Called Prior they gave me the name and number of the guy that used to do the Accumulator balls for 89-90 SC/XR7

His name is Ramon and I just spoke to him, he has new ones for T-Birds, not cheap, $225 US plus shipping from Texas.
At least it's another source besides Hydac.

Maybe if 4-5-6 guys needed them he may reduce the price, I never asked him.

For Canadians if you use Interac on line banking you can send US funds right from your bank via Western Union for a reasonable charge. I think 10 bucks plus 1% of what your sending.

Ramon's number is 214-579-7846

Last edited by Les Borda; Today at 02:04 PM.

Last edited:
http://www.wholesalehydraulics.com/index.php?category=4

IF someone can get a PART NUMBER off these stupid Hydac accumulators, these guys carry Hydac. I typed in the search field and it says they carry Hydac, call them

Also if we knew the specs of these balls, volume, pressure, thread size etc they have various nitrogen accumulator balls but gawd knows the spec on ours.

It's a bladder accumulator scroll down the page I posted. They even sell bladder repair kits.

Last edited by Les Borda; Today at 01:46 P

An accumulator that would work could easily be sourced from various hydraulic companies. One time I looked for a rebuildable accumulator that I could remote mount. But unless I could build one myself the cost was just too much. That price you were seeing was lower than anything I could have found which made it simply stick with what we have.

But building something isn't impossible, just costly.

It's too expensive Mike for the Tevis ones, I only dug up this info in case someone needed one badly until SpinningWheels gets more inventory. $225 is a little much.

Last edited:
Hi folks...most likely I'm out of the loop, but does Prior Reman not offer these anymore?

Prior used to be in the business of rebuilds for the whole Teves units.. They only sourced accumulators for resale due to requests from people like me. When they decided that there were not enough Teves IIs out there anymore to continue in that line, they stopped supplying parts. Reselling accumulators was never their main line of business. :cool:

I know that it has been rumored that these are largely NOS (meaning they may have deteriorated), but GM accumulator balls are available right now for a cheap price. (As they have been for years.) Though some of the older Amazon reviews (2009ish) say they are old, the newest reviews are all positive.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25528382-Pressure-Accumulator/dp/B000C9LTRC

It says "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months."....if they were old stock sitting on a shelf it wouldn't take that long :)

I think Victor is reporting a similar wait right now?

Back