obd1 code "137" 94' sc 5 speed

georgenunez

hi guys i need help, my engine hesitates and misfired i scanned it and i got code 137. where can i look to find the problem, any help or advice will be helpful thanks :)

How old are the O2 sensors and catalytic converters?

How many miles on the spark plugs and plug wires?

How old/dirty is the air filter?

Any work done to the car lately?

Has the car been sitting for a length of time?

Does it start and idle ok?

How old are the O2 sensors and catalytic converters?

How many miles on the spark plugs and plug wires?

How old/dirty is the air filter?

Any work done to the car lately?

Has the car been sitting for a length of time?

Does it start and idle ok?
the car star perfect the idle is higher but seconds later drops normal has isnew plugs and spark, air filter new new fuel pump and filter change tps and iac valve the catalytic converters are 4 years old thanks

isnew plugs and spark

Did you confirm fuel pressure in spec?

Did you double check the spark plug wiring/firing order? Some of the aftermarket books have the wrong layout.

attachment.php

I would invest in the new O2 sensors, then recheck codes.

Last edited:
Did you confirm fuel pressure in spec?

Did you double check the spark plug wiring/firing order? Some of the aftermarket books have the wrong layout.

attachment.php

I would invest in the new O2 sensors, then recheck codes.
the firing yes is in order i forget mention after 15 mts driving the engine start hesitate misfire pinging sound and the rpm to low like if the engine tries to shut down but doesnt. and sometimes the motor runs estabilizes only for 3 to 5 seconds then bamm it starts to hesitate again the fuel pressure is 32-33 at idle i disconect the regulator vaccum line and the pressure increases to 42 psi, is like if it works fine sounds like if working only 4 cyilinders something like that

Last edited:
Get a laser thermometer and point it at the cylinders in that bank. If one is cold, it has a problem. You'll be able to localize the cylinder. It could be an injector, but most likely a bad wire, causing a plug to foul. Replace them both. Yes I've had bad ones even when new. Causes all kinds of crap that doesn't make sense. A compression test and leak down tests are also helpful. They'll ease your mind and rule out all kinds of what ifs running through your head.

Last edited:
Back