Fun at TI Dyno

ALS35

SCCoA Member
So ... I went to Ohio yesterday for a fresh tune by Dr. Dave. Drove the AOD car all the way there. Backed it onto the rollers and got all set up for the job.
First pull, something was not right. I told Dave when I got there that the car didn't 'feel right' but couldn't put my finger on what it was.
Turns out, after much troubleshooting, new plugs, skinned knuckles, foul language etc. that I had a broken valve spring. The outer spring was broken but the inner spring was still trying so it kept the valve out of trouble ie, falling in.
Dave managed to change the spring in the car (whew), also the source of much cussing, and I was able to drive the car home. Go figure it ran great on the way home.
So ... long story short, the car is sick and I can't beat on it until I have the heads down to Dave for new springs etc.
Good thing I have 2 SC's now.
Alan

You could look at it as good breakdown management. It broke at the shootout last year surrounded by SC experts. It broke yesterday on the dyno in the presence of Dave and he saved the day. It would have sucked for it to have broken just outside of Buffalo or some where in the middle of nowhere.
It's fixed well and perfectly driveable but not for any 1/4 mile stuff. Now I have to do work.
Alan

You could look at it as good breakdown management. It broke at the shootout last year surrounded by SC experts. It broke yesterday on the dyno in the presence of Dave and he saved the day. It would have sucked for it to have broken just outside of Buffalo or some where in the middle of nowhere.
It's fixed well and perfectly driveable but not for any 1/4 mile stuff. Now I have to do work.
Alan

Al

Have you broken the same spring twice.

Paul

Back