abs brake sensor

I need the abs brake sensor the one on the frame rail for a 89 super chicken.
the rare obsolete one.

Are you referring to the one that looks like this:
2B091 ASSY.JPG

I found out that Bill at SCP had them and bought one from him. When I tried buying one elsewhere, my money always was refunded because the sites never really had the part.

It is my understanding that this particular pressure switch is only used to trigger firm ride and steering....meaning the brakes will function with a defective switch. This thread will help:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...art-still-available-from-Ford&highlight=brake

If its the one pictured above I have a good used one if you're interested...just shoot me a PM and we can figure out the rest.

-Tim

I seem to recall another member looking for one for a while. I think he had determined that the same sensor was available attached to a power steering line for a 3.0L Jaguar for like $30. This was a while back and I might be thinking of another part though..

Factory Number
WELLS PS502
FORD F0SZ3N824A
AIRTEX 1S6841
ACDelco F3987
BWD S26764
CARQUEST 5347325
ECHLIN OP6764

Found these part interchange # but they all are referenced as Power Steering switches.
MikeH

Factory Number
WELLS PS502
FORD F0SZ3N824A
AIRTEX 1S6841
ACDelco F3987
BWD S26764
CARQUEST 5347325
ECHLIN OP6764

Found these part interchange # but they all are referenced as Power Steering switches.

I think if you search here you'll find those part numbers have all been looked at/for in the past, all with no luck. Same goes for using the switch specs to find one that matches. And yes, some sources call it a power steering switch. I've worked this topic/part several times over the last few years and spent hours trying to source these new - no luck other than the occasional as-is used or held back NOS.

I've replaced leakers on my '90 SC three times and the last one has been in for over a year now no issues. I have at least two good used spares that I've fished off wrecks, but they're stashed in my 'keep' inventory.

Last edited:
Looked into my EVTM and the switch is the Decel switch for ARC System, closes at 400psi, connector C197, base part number 2B264.
So, just need a switch compatible with brake fluid and closes at 400psi. Luck.

Looked into my EVTM and the switch is the Decel switch for ARC System, closes at 400psi, connector C197, base part number 2B264.
So, just need a switch compatible with brake fluid and closes at 400psi. Luck.

All the power steering pressure switches that are really for power steering have a nitrile rubber diaphragm because they have to resist petroleum products. Unfortunately, the brake fluid will wreck that. Our special one was made on the same production line as those, but had an EPDM rubber diaphragm. You're not likely to find anything interchanging because the EPDM would be destroyed by petroleum, so there wasn't much call for it in the high pressure switches. There are brake switches out there that look the same and have the EPDM diaphragm, but they are not really designed for pressures this high. Some leak quickly, some don't. All have a setpoint that is much too low for our use. So, unfortunately, our switch is really extinct. It could be made fairly easily if you could talk the guys at the SMP plant in Reynosa, Mexico, into doing it, but they seem busy.

You can get a custom replacement from a hydraulic supplier, but there's nothing really on the shelf. The size factor may be a slight issue. I think we could get a group buy together with everything needed to plug and play for under $100 per person, but it would be a minimum order of about 10, and possibly 20.

(Incidentally, that is not much more than the price of the OEM switch, which ranged from $80 to $160.)

I would have just done this and sold any not spoken for, but I don't have the spare cash to play with right now.

Last edited:
I did some looking at the EVTM and some parts for other cars. It seems that some later vehicles use the pressure switch to cancel the cruise. The '93 SC seems to use a signal from the brake pedal, clutch pedal (on 5spd) and the cruise off button to kill the cruise. Don't have any other EVTM's to go by.

Back