stater question

TBirdSC89

My 95 sc wont crank wont do anything when trying to start. Just put the motor back in after fixing the broken balancer and seals. One thing im thinking I have the wires to the starter wrong. the black one that runs to the starter with the positive cable i don't know where it goes. This setup is different than my 89 so Im a little lost. Searched the forums and manual cant find anything. Any ideas? Pic attached of what im talking about. Thanks everyone:)

Attachments

• 20140726_200859.jpg
    20140726_200859.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 58
That looks to be the trigger wire for the starter mounted solienoid. It should be mounted to the opposite side of the firewall solienoid from the positive battery cable and then the top post on the starter solenoid.

So it just goes to the top terminal of the starter? I was thinking it might but didn't hook it up that way oops

I figured out it was the negative ground cable that goes to the engine, I didn't realize it before. my issue is the neutral safety switch, since I took the whole powertrain out I got to adjust that where it needs to be

Back