Removal of exterior upper front/rear window trim

Ryan A Harris

I have never removed, nor can I recall if I have ever seen them off a car. Anyone know how to? Or have a few pointers to help preserve these pieces for my future consumption.....

Not sure about the birds Ryan. When they painted the Cougar a glass guy came to take out the rear window and molding. I had a new molding to go back in. I'm pretty sure it was a friction fit, but, all that black window goop holds it in as well. You may have to gently persuade it out.

,,or smash the glass if you don't want it and take the molding out after :D

You have to pry it up gently from the painted side. It goes straight up away from the glass. You have to put something thin between the trim and the roof to pry it.
It can be done without damaging the paint.
Alan

That was great! Was ale to remove both without any damage. Thank you all for helping.

Now how to remove the lower rear trim & the long mouldings that go up the A pillar and along the roof line?

Ryan,
For the lower one you will need to pop off the clips you see when the trunk is open then it will come off. For the roof line you will need to take the nut off from inside the car you will see an access hole for it above the 1/4 window then I think the rear one pops out and the from you will need to drill rivets out. Been a long time since I removed them.

Back