which tensioner goes where?

quatrini

Im still in the process of assembling my engine after buidling it for high boost and i have all 3 tensioners in a pile. I need to install mp springs but dont know which tensioner goes where. Does anyone have a picture of the backs of them i cam compare mine to? to try to match them up?

The main accessory tensioner will be the one that is larger than the other two (ie: more space in between the spring housing and the pulley). The other two tensioners (which are both the same) will be smaller. I think that the pulley may be a bit wider on one, and that would be the 8 rib supercharger belt, and the 7 rib one goes for the jackshaft. If you're in doubt which one originally came from where, take the belts and see which ones follow the width imprint of the indentation on the pulleys. At least my pulleys had a bit of an indentation from the belt.

There's a different code on the front plate of both of the jackshaft and supercharger pulleys.....I could get the codes off of mine for you, if you want to be absolutely sure.

The backs should be the same. If you have any questions on how to pre-load the springs and re-assemble them, let me know.....I just did a spring replacement yesterday.

Awesome i got it all figured out thanks for your help. But yeah i could use some knowledge on changing springs, that would be very helpful also.

Back