My Insanity

XxSlowpokexX

I definitely have car related issues. I get bored I buy a car. I get impatient waiting to finish a project I buy another car. ANYWAYS within the last few months I ended up buying two jaguars an XJR and an XKR. Both supercharged v8's

So far I did an intake pipe and open element filter kit on my xjr. I also have a box of SS exhaust parts waiting to go on. With my XKR its lowered and has a exhaust work. Currently three of the 5 mufflers have been removed.

I also have blower pulleys for both to go on and plans to bore out the TB's on both an make an intake for the XKR.

I feel like I did when I owned my first SC and there was no way to tune the car and mods were minimal that can be done. WHat that equates to is a car thats cheaper to own than an SC (for me at least). Afterall I originally bought an SC because I was spending to much money modding mustangs.....It just never ends does it...

I think I posted a photo of my xjr (Stock dyno 313rwhp and 289ftlbs) . I need to redyno after intake mods:O). Also my xkr...............Needed an alternator thus the batter charger. Now if you thought SC's were problem children....The xkr....ANYWAYS...Help? lol

Attachments

• jag.jpg
    jag.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 183
  • jag2.jpg
    jag2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Best cars Ford ever built!..Midlife crisis would be never having and then buying. Ive had already.plus I dont have the wife and kids going on....My theory on that is you never grow up till you have kids of your own! And even then

I have the same sickness just not allowed to let it fester or the wife wont cook me dinner or do "wifey" things... lol...

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

correct - wives and cars will always find it.

Nice cars I almost bought a older one a few years back, till I found to fix the window motor and replace the starter was 1200 if I remember correctly. Think it was a xjs 12 cly

Last edited:
These cars were both part of FORDS Premier car division and advertised as such:O)..I do run ford blue believe it or not. I even have some of the original Ford engineering pre production papers for the XK series.

I still have the one supercharged tbird 4.6 lx, two supercoupes and a mustang convertable.So no shortage of blue ovals here

As far as maintanance these cars arent bad for the do it yourselfer. If you can deal with a supercoupe you can definitely deal with either of these. The xkr needed an alternator. I sourced a 200 amp upgrade for 210 bucks shipped. Plugs...EASy to change. XKR has the 722.6 mercedes 5 speed transmission practically every 5 spoeed auto performance car came with and the XJR a zf6 speed auto...Same there. And the xkr that thing handles. Puts my mustang vert to shame and that suspension has been done.

Anyways. Its nice to hav esomething other than a tbird project or two going on. There are a few SC guys with supercharged Jags here....They just dont all fully admit it yet

I've always really liked the Jaguar brand (never owned any though). Even the new ones today are pretty hot. Love the color and sheen on the xkr. Good luck with them!

Back