PDA

View Full Version : Almost free 89 XR7 to a good home

Chris Ashford
07-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi all.
Few years ago I picked up a decent 89' XR7 5 speed for the hell of it.
Well I've run out of time/interest/space/money/knowledge to persue it.

Body/undercarriage in good shape, no rust on rockers or floor, original paint faded.

Did work to get it to pass safety in Quebec and drove it for 2 summers.

Swapped injectors to 36#, 76mm C&L with sample tube and 5%OD. 1/5 Eibach lowering springs about the only thing not stock on car.

Car runs and drives, blocker rings shot, original exhaust leaks, rad leaks around bottom, power steering fluid leak and diff does not lock-up.

Very few if any of these cars in Quebec, I may have the only one so getting rid of it local probably not an option.

No vac leaks, 13 psi boost runs quite well with around 160,000 kms.

Hate to just junk it so willing to let it go real cheap if someone can make use of it.

I can be reached here or five-1-four 9-one-8 1791 cell or teamster1791 AT hotmail.com

Cheers
Chris

Ryan A Harris
08-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Hey Chris, any interest in the Cougar?

Les, attention Les, this is for you.......

Chris Ashford
08-07-2014, 07:56 AM
So far none. I'd hate to see it junked.
Chris

Les Borda
08-07-2014, 03:19 PM
I saw it Ryan, they are getting so stringent in Ontario for safety checks, even the shop Nick and I used to go to for years got his azz whacked last year because the Ministry did a follow up. It's a Speedy shop now before it was under a different name, same owner, guess the MOT looks at the big name shops. Now he lets nothing go by where before he would for Nick and I, IF the car was being bought by us.

Been there done that with the no locking diff and I never did it get it fixed and a grinding M5R2,which Fast Ed bailed me out with a superb used one for a very good price, and my tranny guy built one excellent one from the 2.

Sounds like a great car for someone like me 15 years ago, I would have jumped on it especially being an XR7

Space is my problem as well, I live with son and now with the 90SC there's 4 cars between us.

stevesc
01-29-2015, 10:51 PM
Is this car still available?

Chris Ashford
01-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Yes the car is available. phone and e-mail in first post