Rear suspension upgrade questions

whitebird93

So Im about to start installing new rear control arm bushings as well as the Lincoln Mark viii arms and Eibach lowering springs. I have a couple questions. I read different opinions on the spring perches for the mark viii arms. Im not running air bags so do I still need them? Also what should I do for the rear spring cups? I cant find stock ones only the ones from super coupe performance which I believe are the same as the energy suspension ones. I read on here that there is a difference in ride height between the stock ones and the poly ones. Should I find stock ones or go with the poly? Does that matter if Im going to run a perch or not? Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

So Im about to start installing new rear control arm bushings as well as the Lincoln Mark viii arms and Eibach lowering springs. I have a couple questions. I read different opinions on the spring perches for the mark viii arms. Im not running air bags so do I still need them? Also what should I do for the rear spring cups? I cant find stock ones only the ones from super coupe performance which I believe are the same as the energy suspension ones. I read on here that there is a difference in ride height between the stock ones and the poly ones. Should I find stock ones or go with the poly? Does that matter if Im going to run a perch or not? Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

The spring perches are specifically intended for using the Mark VIII arms with coil springs.

The Energy Suspension spring isolators aren't really much taller than stock parts. They do seem taller than worn out and flattened stock parts. So the normal ride height will be restored.

I don't think it will work great without the perches, but I think I have heard of people doing it.

Exactly. Just because others have run without perches properly locating the springs doesn't mean it's correct.

I've recently bought from Jay and he does quality work. I purchased the perches, sub frame mounts and stainless sleeves for the front strut rod and no complaints here.

Zack

How can one contact Jay Richmond ? I'm gonna need SS sleeves for my radius arm bushings in 2 cars. Didn't know anyone was still making them

Thanks

Adam

You definitely need something there to locate the spring and prevent it from moving. The spring perches that people make also have a bit of a lip because without that, the rear will sit lower than the front, so the perch raises the ride height by about a half-inch. If you want a cheap way of making it work, what I did on a coil conversion on a buddy's beater MarkVIII was you can buy a rubber isolator that the spring sits in at advance auto parts that will give you back the height, and then a couple hockey pucks with holes drilled through them bolted to both the LCA, and the upper perches to locate the springs and prevent them from moving. Total cost on the conversion parts, not counting springs or shocks, was about $30.

Thats not a bad idea with the hockey pucks! Im not apposed to buying the perches i want to do it right and i want it to work correctly. Can you send me Jays info too?

I just found this thread.

I'm Jay Richmond. Some forums I go by 98mark8lsc, and others I go by JayBob, or JayBob00.

For anyone else reading this in the future, sending me a PM on here should be sufficient for contacting me.

Thanks!

I hit you up on facebook to order these around the same time as this thread. I have them installed and are working great!!!! thanks great product!

Back