Automatic Power Antenna Replacement

KMT

For my '90 SC, the power antenna as stock relies on holding the switch up or down - normal factory action, etc.

I installed an aftermarket head unit some time back that has a power antenna trigger that is normally used to raise and lower the antenna but won't help if the stock antenna is used.

Has anyone found a good power aftermarket antenna that uses such a trigger and automatically raises and lowers on it's own, while retaining the stock french cut/flush bezel in the same original fender location?

Thanks, I might chat them up, but they have this to say about that:

Thunderbird Power Antenna

No Aftermarket Power unit Available for this Model Ford. As the body angle is too steep. It takes a special antenna for mounting purposes. This Power Kit is currently under development.

I've found tons of suppliers, but nothing specific that fits/matches the stock bezel and fender curve...they all end up with at least a small portion of the mount/antenna above the fender or require frenching in their own mount.

I tried using the ford one-touch window module, but the load isn't high enough to allow it to work.

Last edited:
Back