Power distribution box 95 vs 93 compadibility

adv250

Ive just swapped over my 5spd and engine from ny 93 sc into my 95 sc that was AOD. Im not getting any spark and doesn't wanna turn over when the key is turned. Do I need to swap the power distribution box also? Cause im currently using the newer 95 box.

94-up engine bay wiring is different than earlier stuff, but my guess would be that you have another problem. When you swapped the engine, which sensors, harnesses, and PCM did you use? Did you transfer over your external parts from the original engine on to the 93 engine? I'm assuming that you did something on the wiring for the AOD to M5R2 swap as well ...

cheers
Ed

94-up engine bay wiring is different than earlier stuff, but my guess would be that you have another problem. When you swapped the engine, which sensors, harnesses, and PCM did you use? Did you transfer over your external parts from the original engine on to the 93 engine? I'm assuming that you did something on the wiring for the AOD to M5R2 swap as well ...

cheers
Ed

I swapped the PCM and used the harness and sensors that were already in the engine bay of the 95 they all seemed to plug in as for the AOD I just plugged in M5R2 in place of the AOD harness

It would have the same 60-pin connector at the PCM, but likely there are at least a few of the pinouts that are different. You should probably be looking at a pinout for the original PCM, and the one you've used, to compare. Some of the pins related to the transmission control for the AODE trans would be involved I'm guessing.

Making quick look the schematics are clearly different but specific pins don't know on that level.

Yes they are different, running down the pins and get to Pin2 and found an issue. Are major changes in harnesses

Last edited:
As ugly of a thought as this is, it may save you a lot of grief moving the old wiring harness over, rather than trying to figure out pin out differences and how to overcome them.
I don't know this and I'm sure some of the fellows do but you may be ok with the power box and not have to change that over

Just a thought but did you swap the 93 engine harmonic balancer/inducer ring for the 95 one? The 89-93 ones are different than the 94/95 ones, both harmonic balancers and inducer rings.

For me I would just repin the connector, but I'm familiar with repinning and have the pinouts for the connectors. I think would be easier than changing all the harness in the car.

Can give you the pinouts if you want.

If the ICM/DIS and EEC are kept together the harness shouldn't matter, assuming running the proper Crank Sensor.

Back