90 Fuel Tank feed and return line

Les Borda

Can't remember again, are these two lines held in place with the push on connectors with the little black locking clips like the fuel filter, or are they gear clamped on?

Yup guess who gets to drop by sons fuel tank tomorrow( with him) and drop in the 190 fuel pump...

Last edited:
push connectors most like the one where the fuel lines meet the fuel rail in the engine compartment. They have internal spring clips. So you will need the special tool.

push connectors most like the one where the fuel lines meet the fuel rail in the engine compartment. They have internal spring clips. So you will need the special tool.

I'll be damned...ok I have the set for A/C lines and fuel lines, thanks

Wrong, they are plastic clip retainers. You probably figured that out by now though. There are certain years where one side of the fuel filter requires a fuel line disconnect tool though. 91-93. One of those years.

Chris

IIRC both my '90 and '93 fuel filter connectors one side was a spring lock and the other used the plastic 'Duck Bill' retainer.
MikeH

Uh guys, my question was about the feed and return line on the tank, not the fuel filter LOL

Have not dropped the tank yet, got sick as dog with some damned bronchial virus and I was write off after Saturday until pretty much today.

Last edited:
I thought that was answered, sorry. Use the ford style spring release tools. Otherwise, I think you're familiar with thread drift :)

Did you get the fuel pump and injectors sorted yet?

Last edited:
The return line is a low pressure line. If the pic I was looking at is correct, they are both duck bill clips. Black=Vent, white =pressure.

That reminds me, I need to replace the pressure line with a larger one to feed the BBF the convert the old pressure line to the return. Just something else to do.........

The return line is a low pressure line. If the pic I was looking at is correct, they are both duck bill clips. Black=Vent, white =pressure.

That reminds me, I need to replace the pressure line with a larger one to feed the BBF the convert the old pressure line to the return. Just something else to do.........

As in similar to the ones on fuel filter yes? I can't seem to glean that out of the Ford bible it must be there somewhere and it could be wrong.
Digging back when I did my 90XR7 I don't recall using the spring release tool, maybe in newer years they went to that. Either way I do have the spring release tools.

I thought that was answered, sorry. Use the ford style spring release tools. Otherwise, I think you're familiar with thread drift :)

Did you get the fuel pump and injectors sorted yet?

Heck no, got sick as dog and by late Saturday I was done. Managed to get his SCP cold air intake on, the one with the box around it, rather shoddy coming from Bill, not impressed but I bought it used from Dave D.

This afternoon got the raised top on and sealed YAY

Tomorrow maybe the TB, tank on the weekend.

THEN I tackle the tear down to the intake manifold and injectors, and to be honest...nervous..it's been some time since I pulled blower off down to the intake manifold.

THEN I tackle the tear down to the intake manifold and injectors, and to be honest...nervous..it's been some time since I pulled blower off down to the intake manifold.

Meh, it is super simple. Shockingly so once you do it a few times. pop the belt, pull the top off with the top intercooler line. pull the intake hose off the throttle body. Unbolt the cable bracket from the inlet plenum. Disconnect vac lines you can reach, take the 3 bolts off holding the blower down. Remove the cross over tube coupling. Lift it off.

Changing the spark plugs is brain surgery compared to pulling the blower off.

Thanks Mike.

I used to do it with my fricking eyes closed in no time, just been 10 years I bet since I have. I did it like you popped it off at the rubber crossover tube

Back