On My Dad help List ,Drivers Window

Les Borda

So, drivers power window, yes it works. Marie Antoinette would have paid good money, or cake, for guillotine like this. I have never seen a power window go up so damned fast, ever, and down. On the down if not careful it whacks the bottom hard.

What am I looking for when I get around to taking the inner door cover off? What can make a window go up that insane fast?

If the weather stripping and/or the track alignment block is missing it would go faster. The block is a 2-1/2" wide felt covered rounded block that sits near the top of the door onthe inside of the glass and pushes against the inside. Its there to keep the window "on its tracks" by forcing it to the outside. Its adjusted by looseing a nut, setting the block, and then tightening the nut again.

There is a coil spring on the regulator that if it breaks may also reduce resistance for moving the window up and down. If you pull the motor and the window drops, that is a good sign that spring is broken. Normally the tension is just enough to keep the window from moving without the motor unless you give a little push.

Thanks for the tips guys, it's one of the things on my "Dad can you do this for me list". I have to replace the gears on the passenger side motor, it whirrs nicely but goes nowhere LOL.

The last few days have have been raised top, scp cold air intake, 70mm BBK, 80mm ProM Maf for 38lb injectors. Tomorrow fuel pump change, next tear down to the manifold , install the 38's and a Dalke chip...hope it runs LOL.

Thennnnnnnnnn little things like windows :D

Back