SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc. results on 4.2L with 2300TVS

XR7 Dave

Some may be aware that over the past year or so I've been actively working on a 4.2L stroker for one of my customers which was built specifically to showcase a 2300TVS, the same basic blower as what is found on the 660hp Shelby GT500 and the 638hp Corvette ZR1. It's a tight fit no doubt, but we managed it with room to spare actually by thinking a bit outside the box and not taking "no" for an answer. lol

The whole premise for this build was not actually maximum HP, but in stead maximum utility and reliability. In that regard we achieved our goals in style with 472rwhp @ 19.5psi all through a non-locking AOD and on pump gas with a conservative tune intended to lead a long and useful life.

Ziad TVS 2300 b.jpg

Basic build specs:

SCUI built custom 8:5:1 4.2L SC block and heads.

Street cam pulls 11" vacuum in gear at idle and 14" in neutral with basically smooth idle leaving plenty of vacuum for brakes.

Spearco liquid to air intercooler.

TVS 2300 with 3.25" pulley.

95MM TB and 4.5" intake and slot style MAF

Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and custom cell with all custom -10 lines and 80# injectors.

Lentech Street Terminator AOD with 2500rpm stall Art Carr converter, stock rear end gears.

Snow performance dual nozzle alcohol injection system.

Functional AC! lol

WOW :eek:
Sounds like this motor packs quite a bit of punch with it holding that much vacuum ?????
The COP-TZR was at 7.5 at idle :confused:
Needless to say in gear it was lower.

Very nice work there Dave. :eek:

So this is a sleeper ? Nobody knows you'll hand their azz back to them until you step on the gas ??

Last edited:
Nice #'s;) I like the TQ #'s and at only 19.5 psi wounder what 23-25 psi would net? you running stock crank and jack shaft?

I love these positive displacement blowers and the oh so nice flat torque curve. What type of blower RPM is necessary with that size blower for your current setup? Is it about the same as the AR blowers, or did you find you could slow it down a bit?

Here is his run video.
http://youtu.be/UU59bSQKOkY

Efficiency is on par with an AR. Drive ratio to boost is a matter of sizing displacement of the blower vs. the motor. For example boost levels for the TVS 2300 vs. the Whipple 2.3L is about the same at the same drive ratio.

The 2300 TVS seems to run a bit cooler in our application. We actually saw a 20 drop in ACT's during the run due to the alcohol injection, this was after IC water was around 110 deg from idling and making several dyno pulls. ACT's results were nearly identical for all pulls. We did not use any ice nor do we have a large IC tank to absorb heat. The beauty of the TVS is that it generates absolutely no heat unless it's making boost. Not even an M90 is that efficient out of boost.

Very nice work there Dave. :eek:

So this is a sleeper ? Nobody knows you'll hand their azz back to them until you step on the gas ??

All SC's are sleepers, no one ever expects anything. haha

This one isn't really a sleeper, it's just very civilized. Exhaust is a bit loud with no cats, but it has a resonator and 2 mufflers. It definitely has two personalities though. :eek:

Nice job Dave ! Looks great and those are pretty much the results I expected from this combo. Hope this car is at the Shootout this year so everyone can see it up close and personal. Looks like it has everything needed to be a 10 second SC.

David

Loving the car!

Awesome fun car to drive! I am glad that I just gave you the car and asked you to build it the way you thought that it should be built. I have no regret what so ever except the fact I have to learn how to handle the beast.

Back