What a blast!

OldZofTorC

It has been a little over a year since I got my SC. I have been trying to keep the mileage down, just went over 50k mi. But i have been changing my attitude and decided to enjoy what I have. WE (GF and kids) wanted to go to a car show in Silver City,NM on the other side of the Black Range. It is about a 100mi trip through the Mountains crossing the Emory Pass. Better yet is the fact that there is very few cars on this road at most any given time. The GF and I have been over this pass a few times on the R1150rt. This has always given me a big smile. This trip in the SC was even better. Being a car guy my whole life I have had the opportunity to drive some great factory offerings. Being a working man I have always bought cars that have had previous owners and usually American offerings. My father and my brother on the other hand have usually had German cars so I have driven some expensive releases for comparison.
The SC was in its intended environment. Although more power is always fun, my stock example(other than overdrive blower pulley and improved exhaust system) the car felt perfect. The popular expression, "On a rail" comes to mind. Even though I had precious cargo on board the drive was totally a blast. GF commented on how obvious it was that I was in bliss. I could have driven the car harder, no doubt, I can't see why. We had just missed a big rain so there were wet spots and some bb like grit in some places the car never once lost composure. I have driven more powerful and lighter cars but at this point in my life I could not think of a better set up.I do believe the SC is faster and definitely more confidence instilling than the R1150rt. More power and more grip than the two wheeler. Now all I need is a 5 speed for comparison. Saving my pennies.

Last edited:
It has been a little over a year since I got my SC. I have been trying to keep the mileage down, just went over 50k mi. But i have been changing my attitude and decided to enjoy what I have. WE (GF and kids) wanted to go to a car show in Silver City,NM on the other side of the Black Range. It is about a 100mi trip through the Mountains crossing the Emory Pass. Better yet is the fact that there is very few cars on this road at most any given time. The GF and I have been over this pass a few times on the R1150rt. This has always given me a big smile. This trip in the SC was even better. Being a car guy my whole life I have had the opportunity to drive some great factory offerings. Being a working man I have always bought cars that have had previous owners and usually American offerings. My father and my brother on the other hand have usually had German cars so I have driven some expensive releases for comparison.
The SC was in its intended environment. Although more power is always fun, my stock example(other than overdrive blower pulley and improved exhaust system) the car felt perfect. The popular expression, "On a rail" comes to mind. Even though I had precious cargo on board the drive was totally a blast. GF commented on how obvious it was that I was in bliss. I could have driven the car harder, no doubt, I can't see why. We had just missed a big rain so there were wet spots and some bb like grit in some places the car never once lost composure. I have driven more powerful and lighter cars but at this point in my life I could not think of a better set up.I do believe the SC is faster and definitely more confidence instilling than the R1150rt. More power and more grip than the two wheeler. Now all I need is a 5 speed for comparison. Saving my pennies.

Do yourself a favor and put a J-Mod or a Lentech valve body in that auto.
It will make a world of difference :D

I will do some reading. I bought the car from SCMarty. He had the tranny rebuilt with a 2.6k rpm torque converter. Not sure if that achieves a similar result. I will get out the invoice to see what was done. How about reprogramming the ecm for off the line improvements?

For out of the hole performance ( stand still ) acceleration you need to focus on rear end gears, not to say some ecm tuning won't help.

Also is the exhaust stock ? If it is that should be number 1 on the list of replacement parts.
I new exhaust system will wake it up for sure :D

Back