AWSF34pp Gap

Les Borda

I know this has been re-hashed several time in here. Stock gap is .054, I always gaped them tighter on the XR7. With son's car I am not sure what with 38lb injectors going in, I know he is going to overdrive the blower by at least 10%, not immediately but soon enough. I want to replace these and gap them once.

There's a Dalke chip going in, 80mm MAF is on, 70mm BBK is on, raised top is on. 190 fuel pump done, injectors are going in before I have the plugs done.

.045...048?

Thanks Guys

I think they will still work at 0.054. If you get blowout, you will know it. Based on the hassle of removing, regapping, and reinstalling these plugs, I think 0.045 is a safe number. That is what I have used with good results up to at least 15 psi.

This is a better question responded to by the man who is doing your chip.
Ask Dave Dalke what he recommends.
Plugs are a %$#@*$ to pull out and regap, ask the expert.

I pick the most reasonable .04x value on the gap tool I happen to have at the time. If they come out of the box above .040 and below .050 I use them out of the box. Usually they do. Otherwise I think my took has a .042 and a .048 and I prefer the .042.

Thanks guys, I bother Dave enough as it is :eek: and grateful for his help

.045 give or take a hair sounds good to me, rings a bell with the XR7.

Yes no kidding you don't want to re-gap them, the new plugs aren't going in just yet.

Lucas 38 lb-ers are in. Go ahead ask me how much I HATE EGR valves, it's a good thing I have become much more mild mannered like Clark Kent or wrenches would have been flying all over the garage LOL.

No room, big hands, can't see sheeeesh but I got it off, on is another thing. Dave burned the EGR delete into the chip but I have no way of closing off the exhaust to the EGR for the moment or I would not bother putting it back.

Intake plenum, blower etc has to go back on, Dave's chip and I have to find the "HOW TO", last time I did anything with EEC it was still the EEC Tuner and an RS232 cable with Dave's software from a laptop LOL.

i went down to a muffler shop and had a guy weld my egr shut when i broke it off doing the hg...worked really well took about 5 min cost 20 bucks.

Want to know what is so stupid? I was at a garage this morning and they dropped the tank and put the Holley 190 in. Never even dawned on me to just cut the damned EGR tube, weld up both ends and to hell with the EGR. Today I could have blocked off the intake port for the EGR I have a blanking plate for a Mustang I could easily put on what with the charger out.....sometimes I don;t think LOL

Back