Hi Everybody! '97 Cobra owner here with questions about your M90 blower...

jfsproducts

Does anyone in here know of anyone who has custom adapted a supercoupe M90 blower to fit a '96-'98 4V Cobra? I'm currently researching all of my "junkyard" blower options for a custom set-up. I'm always over at Stangnet.com and I figured I'd come over here and ask the Supercoupe owners themselves. Any help or opinions are greatly appreciated! :cool:

I know Allen engineering makes a kit with a M90 S model for the 4.6L Thunderbird and Cougar, but I haven't heard of anyone adding a M90 to a Cobra motor. You probably wouldn't get more than 6-7psi out of an M90 without killing the bearings, RPM limit on an M90 is 14,000. I would go with the M112 from a Jaguar or the Lightning. The Jag blower has the inlet and outlet similar to the M90 on the Supercoupe. I could email you pictures of the Jag or Lightning blowers if you like.

Jeff

Thanks.....you're the second person to recommend the M112. I guess the M112 is what I should be focusing on then. That would be great if you could e-mail me any pics and info that you have. You could send them to jfsonlineproducts@yahoo.com. Thanks, I appreciate it! :D

kenny bell makes a sc kit also.i herd of someone fabricating an m90 on a 351 never found out how it worked.i know someone who put one on vw golf ! that car is sick! pnuemonia!

Of course there is also the guy who fitted his 351 W with 2 (yes I said 2) M90's. Something like 600hp. If someone has the link to his website I want it (It was posted about 6mnths ago)

Did u say M112...?!

Hey jfsproducts you might wanna check out Supercharger www.superchargertech.com Technolgies or Used Super Chargers dot.com. ( www.usedsuperchargers.com )they will get u a rebuilt M112 for like 600 but I forget if that was core or not. The M112's are hard to find in junkyards...trust me I have tried lol but also check eBay.
Peace Dillon

Thanks man, that's a big help......but I guess I can forget my fantasy about hunting through a junkyard in NJ and finding an unmolested M112! ;)

Back