Putting a m90 on my 97 t-bird but need AC compressor bracket?

snakex84

so I have a stock SC blower and I have gathered everything I need but the 2 supercharger belt tensioner's and the supercharger belt idler pulleys. now i know this by looking at pics on google. I can find the pulleys but I dont know how their supposed to mount. It looks like the top tensioner and Idler mount to the ac compressor, or built into the compressor mount I have no idea and where does the bottom tensioner arm mounts. if so that I need a compressor mount off a SC then if somone can help direct me to some parts guys with it or a part number would be nice and some good pictures of the ac compressor bracket and pulleys setup. I have not been able to find a compressor bracket or a SC in a junkyard in Utah. Thanks all!

Last edited:
so this is the 3.8? I would think that you would need the passenger side accesory bracket from an sc...it has the jackshaft pulleys that you are talking about...would also have the mounting area for the belt tensioner. probably a bit of a pain...wouldnt you also need our crank pulley?

so this is the 3.8? I would think that you would need the passenger side accesory bracket from an sc...it has the jackshaft pulleys that you are talking about...would also have the mounting area for the belt tensioner. probably a bit of a pain...wouldnt you also need our crank pulley?

yes its the 3.8. does the accessory bracket mount on the ac compressor bracket? and where do the 2 supercharger belt tensioners mount? If I can find all the stock supercoupe parts it will be perfect. custom building is a pain. and yes i need the crank pulley but its not really hard to find.

Last edited:
You're talking about one bracket on that side:

PICT0027-resized.JPG

DCP02078.JPG

...those four large upper right-facing flanges/threaded bolt holes are where the A/C compressor bolts up.

Last edited:
should have all what you need..

I should have everything you need the bad part is shipping will get to be not cheap... If you want the stuff let me know and I will send it off to you.....Rich

figuring out what i need

Ok all the pulleys on that one bracket, thanks for those pics (crappy ones on google).

I should have everything you need the bad part is shipping will get to be not cheap... If you want the stuff let me know and I will send it off to you.....Rich

Thanks for the help guys. How much for the whole bracket assembly (jack shaft pulley and 2 idler pulleys) and crank pulley W/o Shipping?

Bracket off engine:
P4180112.jpg

...the lower tensioner is missing in that shot.

Loaded or naked, that bracket is heavy.

1073d1085498519-sc_jack_shaft_bracket.jpg

Last edited:
I need A part number

anybody have a part number for the bracket? or rich reply on prices so I can get the part(s) oh and are they remanned or used, well i guess i dont care as long as the jackshaft bearing isn't bad. and i got a bad a parts washer at work.

If I were you I'd sell the '97 and buy a Supercoupe, a whole lot less hassle, headaches and problems.............:rolleyes:

Just to name a couple of issues, your motor doesn't have the correct compression ratio for forced induction and your transmission will last a few days because it won't be able to handle the torque.

Last edited:
Im doing it right not just slapping it on.

If I were you I'd sell the '97 and buy a Supercoupe, a whole lot less hassle, headaches and problems.............:rolleyes:

Just to name a couple of issues, your motor doesn't have the correct compression ratio for forced induction and your transmission will last a few days because it won't be able to handle the torque.

im getting diamond pistons, wiseco rods (stroke it), mls gaskets, head studs, main studs, porting the blower and intake/exaust ports, full exaust, 30 lb injectors (I got them for free Ill try them might but be too small), changing the intercooler to in front of the radiator and more cant remember. I have the stock gauge cluster too. looking at a like 300-350+ poneys. and everything clean and in good condition (owned by an elderly person) and got a good deal on it a while ago.
and My car has the 4R70W. I did a vin search and saw what tranny was in it. ill rebuild it later. or put what ever good manual 5 speed tranny will fit. im not making a race car just a nice driver. thats what im doing when im done with this. I can Polish a turd

Last edited:
What about crank? forged?

I was going to be a cheapo and not buy a crank but Im just going to do it. no sense of letting a stock cast crank be the limiting factor in how much power I want to safely make. but I dont want to spend a grand plus on one. unless I can find a good used one off a SC. I could get a used one on supercoupeperformance.

Last edited:
There were something like 200 changes made to the ford v-6 to turn it into a supercoupe engine. The cam shafts are different, even between manual and automatics and years. I think your going to a lot of trouble and expense to make something even less reliable than what ford made. How will your electronics support this modification?

With a tune the MAF system will be able to handle it fine (assume MAF and TB) are size to cope but even they should be ok.

I'd be more concerned over crank and rods and the lack of Knock sensor.

I actually did it and it turned out fine, I drove the car for 2 years.

I did it amazingly and learned a lot like how to tune fuel injection with eec5 with SCT and lots more that I couldn't have learned without doing the project. I drove the car for 2 years and had lots of fun with it. I didn't change any internals but had to but various parts off a sc like both engine accessory brackets, fuel rail, tensioner pulleys. The car ran good after many hours of tuning. I set the timing on the dyno and made 399 ft lbs at 2200rpm and 228hp at 4200rpm. But just last week I broke a harmonic balancer and that bent the crankshaft snout. Deciding that I'm done playing with a inferior engine with inferior heads, cam, and cast internals I went and bought a 91 clean sc with a blown AOD. Swapping some guts out of my 4r70w and rebuild kit into the AOD. But finally have a sc so my lx doesn't have to try to be one anymore. I parted out my lx and sent it to the junkyard, kinda sad being my first project car the tought me a lot. Trying to add pictures but it's not working

-btw I am the OP snakex84 just made a new account. Just Remembered I posted this thread years ago.

Last edited:
Back