Does this take a special tool?

cougarxr7

I was hoping someone would know what tool this takes.016.jpg
It seems like it would be of a wrench with 2 pins on it.
Anyone?

it can be, i have all the orings if you need them. if i remember right you can just pull it apart. i think there are four o-rings.

Unbelievable!!!!
It just pulls apart!003.jpg
That piece with 2 holes in it is for fixing the electrical side on the valve.
The broken gasket is what caused the leak.
dthompson I need those o-rings for it.

no problem, i got a couple of things to do this morning, but I will dig them out of the shop today and send you a pm later in the day.

If DThompson doesn't have them, over on TCCoA in the forum is a listing of the Ford part numbers for all the O-rings - which, as of three months ago, were still all available (albeit a dealer may have them on Special Order instead of Walk Up Pick Up Walk Out.)

RwP

As I guessed in your other thread...probably just an o-ring. Autozone Power Steering Pump Seal Kit Duralast 8526 $7

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa.../Power-Steering-Pump-Seal-Kit/_/N-igp61Z8oyus
Looks like it comes with instructions too.

Thanks for the info guys!
I will find out if that kit has the needed o-rings for the EVO.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys!
I will find out if that kit has the needed o-rings for the EVO.

I bought this kit yesterday to try and fix mine. It doesn't have all of the correct rings for the EVO. I'm just going to keep it and rebuild my old pump.

f67f152c-e164-4af2-9b0f-3bcf984559f0_zpsa94adc7e.jpg

it can be, i have all the orings if you need them. if i remember right you can just pull it apart. i think there are four o-rings.

I'd be interested in a set as well.

Looks like the EVO is not on that diagram.
Here is a link to the part numbers for those rings.
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=141002
I have yet to contact a ford dealer to see if they are available.

****UPDATE******
I just call a ford dealer and those o-rings with those part numbers are not available!
So if anyone finds a place to purchase these o-rings, chime in!

Last edited:
They appear to be rubber. You can check at your local hardware store or NAPA and try to match them up to the O-ring selections they have. I don't know that moving up to Viton would gain you anything in that application.

They appear to be rubber. You can check at your local hardware store or NAPA and try to match them up to the O-ring selections they have. I don't know that moving up to Viton would gain you anything in that application.

If anyone can post the ID/OD sizes it would be awesome!

Incidentally,

That cap with the 2 holes can be removed with a "spanner wrench" (snap ring pliers may not cut it). However, if I remember right, all it allows you to do is to pull the pintle valve out. The solenoid coil will actually still be attached. I think it's retained by a slight crimp or rounding of the metal body of the valve.

At least that's how I remember it.

Anyway, it the coil ohms out good, then there's probably no need to mess with it.

If anyone can post the ID/OD sizes it would be awesome!

I think they are usually specified by ID and cross section. The ID doesn't always have to be an exact fit ... you can stretch an O-ring ID slightly as long as the cross section is the same. However, the cross section will thin by a small percentage as you stretch the ID, so you have to be careful if the fit is loose to begin with.

As long as that circuit isn't open, it's probably good to go.

You can always put volts to it to confirm the solenoid hunts, but I'd want to know how much it takes first so you don't burn it by mistake.

Back