Drove my 35th today (added better pics)

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Counting the 6 mile round trip to take a couple of pictures, I've put about 6 miles on it this year. The good news is that I was able to see how long it takes to get the car down now that all of my storage under the car is on wheels. First attempt, about 20 minutes. Anyway, here's a crappy cell phone picture.

35th_2014_09-02.jpg

Last edited:
Kurt keeps it on the shelf next to all the spare parts he hordes!!!

It is certainly beautiful.

Kurt keeps it on the shelf next to all the spare parts he hordes!!!

It is certainly beautiful.
Ha! I do keep it on a shelf (err lift) though :)

Didn't even wash it. Just uncovered it and drove it. Now it's likely put away until spring.

That's the way to go! More pix Kurt! Let's also see the interior! Surprisingly Ford went all the way with the pigskin suede. Not sure people realize how uncommon this is in the automotive use of suede, specially in domestic cars.

A dream, that car!!!!!

Just a joy to look at...with its bumper side markers, keyless entry pad and sunroof. Then the engine bay with the correct metal tag on the radiator cap, Brake fluid reservoir sticker, correct raised-lettered coolant vent tube collar, correct battery cables/terminas/covers, OEM motorcraft upper rad hose with correct clamps, correct grey plug wires with the right plastic loom holders. And look at that supple pigskin suede on the inside!!! Just a joy to see one this stock :).

Did you get the window sticker with this bad boy Kurt? Also, i think this year should also have a label along the front of the inlet plenum to the supercharger, no?

Ok...enough, I'm having naughty thoughts about this car. Just gorgeous!

Unfortunately, I did not get the window sticker when I bought this from the 2nd owner. Surprising to both of us, the original owner actually kept the box that all of the Anniversary accessories came in (I still have it), but claimed he didn't have the original window sticker.

I believe that part number sticker on the inlet plenum may have been on there at some point, but I don't know for sure. I do know that I have another inlet plenum with the part number sticker on it that I hope to make a duplicate sticker at some point if it is needed.

If you look closer at the engine picture, you will notice that the negative terminal is not in the picture....it is not original. Of all of the flaws, that one bothers me the most since it is so visible.

Super awesome Kurt! Does look a bit low though. I think that would bother me almost as much as the battery cable. lol

I surprised you lowered the car. I figured you would have kept it original. BTW very nice car.
It came lowered, but I have the original shocks and springs. I just haven't had time (or really wanted to) put the stock stuff back on. It also has aftermarket tint, which will stay for now.

Super awesome Kurt! Does look a bit low though. I think that would bother me almost as much as the battery cable. lol
Being lowered doesn't bother me nearly as much as the battery cable because I know I can get back to stock height at any time....finding a replacement battery cable is much more difficult.

Thanks for the props everyone.

Last edited:
Nice pics...reminds me I have a stock upper hose and factory clamps that need to go on. Let us know if you find a source for a factory similar negative cable.

My Anny was already lowered when I bought it in 2008 - also fatter rear sway bar. Took me a bit to even notice the drop, it seemed so appropriate. Now when I see one at stock height it looks too high with all that space in the wells.

Back