8.8 IRS 28-spline POSI Unit (only)

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
I'm looking for a POSI / trac-lok unit to install in an open differential. I would really like to find one separate, from an IRS car with 28-spline side gears. This could be found in the 89-93 SC's and some other Tbird's, Cougars, and Cobras.

Only need the POSI unit - not the whole diff!! :)

PM me shipped quotes to 47150, include mileage/condition.

Thanks,

Matt

Brian,

By "loose" - do you mean it needs rebuilt? Also, could you ship it? I'm hoping to have it done in time for the shootout. :) I suppose you won't be needing it with your new rear, huh?

Actually...I guess you meant it was uninstalled from the rear end. :rolleyes: I'm dumb sometimes.

Probably too rich for me, but send me a PM with price. :)

Sent you a PM

It was working fine when it was in the IRS in my car last fall. I have no idea what kind of life is left in it but I be surprised if it has 500 street miles on in....most track time...I'd guess 50 passes or so.

By loose I meant sitting on my workbench collecting dust.....

I have your axle I need to get back to you too.

I have a brand new FRPP 28 spline IRS specific unit if you wanted to go that way. Still in its original box, can ship anytime. PM me if the others don't work out. Thanks.

Matt,

I have a number of trac-lock rear ends, complete units however. These are OE units from automatic cars (3.27 gears). I think I have 2 or 3.

By PM or email (cgates@medousa.com): LMK whats involved in removing the posi, how much you will pay, and if you want to go this way I'll let you know if I can help.

Back