PDA

View Full Version : How about a meet this year?

Ryan A Harris
09-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Well, summer is pretty much winding down & we have had very little action this year. I was thinking about a saturday later in Sept. Either the 20th or the 27th for a SC cruise. I know we are scattered all over, but all with in a couple of hours to each other. I really dont have a destination picked, so if anyone has an idea, lets hear it! I think by early next week we can have finalized, place/date/time.

This could be a little trip for guys going to the shoot out that might need a few extra Km's put on their rides.

ALS35
09-04-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm up for this! 27/28 weekend only works for me. The AOD car is all together and driveable again since last Sunday. Two small changes to make and then I can get a tune tweek from DD.
Location I have to think about. Really don't care. It's all about the people and the driving anyway.
Alan

shoalcracker
09-04-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm up for this! 27/28 weekend only works for me. The AOD car is all together and driveable again since last Sunday. Two small changes to make and then I can get a tune tweek from DD.
Location I have to think about. Really don't care. It's all about the people and the driving anyway.
Alan

I'll be busy that weekend.

My brother is launching his Murder Mystery "Brought to Justice"

A very good read.

Paul

Ryan A Harris
09-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Al, do you want to meet for coffee? or do you have any last minute details to button down prior to the shoot out? I can help out on one of those dates above, if you need me.

Paul, how could I purchase one of your brothers books?

No one else?

ALS35
09-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Ryan; I tore the 5 speed down today with some help from Tony. It was definitely ready. #3 and #4 cylinders were both breached. It came apart well. First time since the factory put it together. The cylinders are clean with zero scoring. Now its cleaning and re-assembly. I want to be driving this car again by the 19th. I'm going to cottage country to hang with some very old friends and I plan to drive the 5 speed up there. I could take the AOD but the availablity of 93 octane up there is zero. I'm afraid the AOD won't go there and back on one tank full. You use more gas to get horsepower. The AOD car needs a couple of parts. It seems that the 90 degree silicone elbows that I put in my intercooler system can't take 19 inches of vacuum. They colapse in when the car is idling, cutting off air flow. Explains why the car shuts off when I turn on the air conditioning. I have a plan and the new parts are on the way to me in the USPS.
That is why the weekend of the 27th works for me.
I'd like to get together for a coffee. I'll be out of town now 'til the 10th but any time after that. I'll be working to put the 5 speed back together next weekend. You could drop over if you'ld like.
Alan
P.S. The shootout is Thanksgiving weekend and I am taking holidays from the 1st to the 14th to button down the details.
A

shoalcracker
09-08-2014, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Ryan A Harris;1074179]
Paul, how could I purchase one of your brothers books?

Tks for asking.

I honestly don't know.

I believe it's being published in the States but not sure of distribution.

If theirs a family deal I'll see about some signed copies. (which may or not matter down the road):D

I believe he's thinking about a "Castle" type scenario.

Paul

Ryan A Harris
09-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Castle thing, LOL. That would be pretty sweet if it went that way for him. A signed copy would be exactly what I wanted, especially if the Castle scenario happens;)

Al, once your back in town drop me a line. I'd like to get out and chat SC's with ya.

Ryan A Harris
09-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Can anyone do Saturday morning coffee on the 27th. This Saturday? I'm trying to line up parts pick up/drop off at the same time in oakville. We possible could have more then 3 SCCoO'ers together at one time!

ALS35
09-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Would like to be available, but, going to Ohio for tune by Master Dave.
Both cars are back up and running again. Put 700 kms on the 5 speed last weekend after the HG change. Running strong and well.
The AOD car is also all back together after the valve spring change and a correction to the intercooler plumbing that was causing a problem. The silicone elbows that I put in the system can't stay round when you pull 19 - 22 inches of vacuum. The colapsed elbows were starving the engine of air and causing intermittent check engine light. It's fixed and ready for a re-tune.
I've decided that I don't really care for changing HG's. I am good at it now but still don't like having to do it.
Alan