Engine Codes

Ifrit

All right, Im looking for some help from the awsome members of sccoa again. Like normal my car hates me, got some codes for your guys and im looking for more in depth information on them and how to try and fix them.

KOEO:
DTC121
DTC124
DTC241

KOER:
DTC412
DTC528

And a weird one, it just stated cylinder 6, nothing more then that. Iv pulled codes befor and never seen that.

As always help and feed back is appreciated.

Thank you
Tyler

Not sure there is a 241... See: http://www.njtacc.com/tech/eec_codes.html

Off hand, I'd have to ask if the car was warmed up and the tests were don't correctly and if any are repeatable. If you're not confident in the test process, you might get a local auto parts or repair shop to run them for you.

If the TPS codes are repeatable, and if the one on the car now is ancient, I'd check the wiring and consider a replacement. The clutch code might be just be the test process on your part, but if you're sure you did everything by the book, same thing...check the wiring and replace if old and/or shows signs of physical failure.

This all assumes the car is stock and no major work done lately such as an engine swap or trans conversion, etc.

As always, be sure all grounds are clean and tight.

All right, Im looking for some help from the awsome members of sccoa again. Like normal my car hates me, got some codes for your guys and im looking for more in depth information on them and how to try and fix them.

KOEO:
DTC121
DTC124
DTC241

KOER:
DTC412
DTC528

And a weird one, it just stated cylinder 6, nothing more then that. Iv pulled codes befor and never seen that.

As always help and feed back is appreciated.

Thank you
Tyler

http://www.troublecodes.net/ford/

The cylinder 6 code is just informative...I have seen it before, but not always.

I'm not sure about the 241 code....I don't have my book with me and it's not listed on the website I linked. :confused:

There is alot of aftermarket work done, auto to standard, early model engine in late model car, half tuned qh.

If you need a complete list I can get a list. As for 241 I can not find it any were. I did pull codes a few time and got same answer.

There is alot of aftermarket work done, auto to standard, early model engine in late model car, half tuned qh.

If you need a complete list I can get a list. As for 241 I can not find it any were. I did pull codes a few time and got same answer.

Let's do it this way, then.

What issues led you to pull codes in the first place?

For a while I was having trouble with my idle (still kinda funny) so I started to work on fixing it. Did not have access to a code reader so I lived with it for a little bit. What was happening was after driving the car would rev to 3000 then back off to 2500 then throw a check engine light. After the light came on idle would drop back to 1000. While driving with the light in as I would goto shift it would hang at what ever rmp I was at. One day I had my laptop with me so I data logged my car and found when tge light was comming on tps would change from 0.90 to 1.38. I then went looking through my tune and found tps would default to 1.375 if sensor failed. Changed both tps and iac since I was there and problem went away. For a while, even befor the tps prpblem, under acceleration I can hear what I describe it as air rushing from the engine. After i fixed tps I still wanted to pull codes cause the cam sounded funny through idle.

Sounds like you need to replace the iac.

If you fixed the TPS awhile back and didn't clear the codes, that may be why they're still in memory.

Iac has been replaced as well, as for the throttle body I can not remember off the top of my head, I can check later.

Iac has been replaced as well, as for the throttle body I can not remember off the top of my head, I can check later.

The professional products tb's often have machining issues, but can be easily fixed. After I did some filing and drilling, mine worked great.

Ah, missed that. Are you sure you don't have any vacuum (or boost) leaks? Since you can datalog, what does the ISDC look like during these times?

I think I fixed it by drilling out the idle adjustment screw hole on the PP TB.

Back