engine rebild

pock1

so im rebuilding my stock 90 cougar motor to put in my 93 sc. im trying to keep cost down by doing some of the repainting ,cleaning up parts.since im new to this ,me and a few friend from the firehouse are helping me out. parts are omming in slowly (as I can afford without stressing myself out) a few pics of motor parts I;ve done. some parts wont be seen( oil pan, motor mounts etc but what a difference high temp heat does.it's a real pain in the butt doing this but atleast I have the satisfaction of me doing it and learning a few things. with the help of some of u guys here (giving me good prices on parts I should be ready next year for CARLYLE. a few pics. or some reason I can't load any pics

Last edited:
pics of engine parts

finally got pics loaded today. I'd figure I go blk ,red, silver. all paint is high temp (500 ) water pump housing will be silver with red bolts.1 of the heads I just got back from a local parts store (he had a tub to dip the heads in and clean , check for cracks and new rubber...um things lol I forgot da name:eek: lol so as I get more aftermarket parts some of the guys from off the forum will help me get the motor together. all I need and waiting for is........arp head studs . looking for a mild crank. thx tony.

Good luck with your build and gaining knowledge Tony!!!!

It was nice to meet you at Carlisle 2014, I still have that trunk lid if you know anyone looking :)

If you need a crank, I have a stock SC crank and early style SC rods in good condition that you can have, just come and get them. I pulled them from a running motor on a car I was parted out years ago cause someone was going to buy them, boxed them all up, and they have been sitting in the box in my garage for about 5 years now!

parts

Good luck with your build and gaining knowledge Tony!!!!

It was nice to meet you at Carlisle 2014, I still have that trunk lid if you know anyone looking :)

hi it was nice meeting u aswell tell me ur name or the sc u brought then I can remember who I talked to ) lol im coming that way next weekend Pitlston pa so if ur close i'll take it for a few bucks. pm me .thx tony.

sc parts

If you need a crank, I have a stock SC crank and early style SC rods in good condition that you can have, just come and get them. I pulled them from a running motor on a car I was parted out years ago cause someone was going to buy them, boxed them all up, and they have been sitting in the box in my garage for about 5 years now!

hey mikey how ya been? im needing an upgraded crank . thx for looking out. tony.

recent motor work.......still in progress.View attachment 61915View attachment 61916I still have to clean the crank,rods, .gotta find some kerosene (not the season yet smh) .still in the market for a stage 1 crank, 75mm t/b c/l 76mm maf ( I screwed up a deal I had for the t/b and maf ).parts on the way......arp head bolts felpro upper motor kit 95 sc cluster. any help , tips would be greatfull. thx tony.

Last edited:
i only asked which you were referring to because it was my understanding that the crankshaft is pretty stout and that the camshaft is usally what people upgrade...longer durations and things like that...a guy was selling a stage 2 cam from scp for pretty cheap about a month ago in the parts section...

camshaft

i only asked which you were referring to because it was my understanding that the crankshaft is pretty stout and that the camshaft is usally what people upgrade...longer durations and things like that...a guy was selling a stage 2 cam from scp for pretty cheap about a month ago in the parts section...

ah ok I see lol. ok then a upgraded camshaft. yeah I know who was selling 1 but it was sold and I didn't have the funds at the time.:(

Back