I need to beat someone in a fast Mustang!

HwyStar

I'm currently out to sea right now, so I have time to consider options. But, a Chief I've known for years has a 96 GT making currently 460whp. We've always teased each other about who was faster. I don't think I'll beat him, but I would like to put up a good fight. Last run on the dyno I layer down 325rwhp. That was with a base tune and the car pulling timing. I think if Dave could put his hands on this car squeeze maybe 25whp more out of it, then I could shoot it 50-75whp. I am considering a Nitrous ProFlo wet shot. What do you guys think? It is still stock heads and bottom end with fresh build and head studs.

I'm currently out to sea right now, so I have time to consider options. But, a Chief I've known for years has a 96 GT making currently 460whp. We've always teased each other about who was faster. I don't think I'll beat him, but I would like to put up a good fight. Last run on the dyno I layer down 325rwhp. That was with a base tune and the car pulling timing. I think if Dave could put his hands on this car squeeze maybe 25whp more out of it, then I could shoot it 50-75whp. I am considering a Nitrous ProFlo wet shot. What do you guys think? It is still stock heads and bottom end with fresh build and head studs.

I have killed lots of 5-650+ hp:rolleyes: cars with the sc they pull hard out of the hole unlike most. I would say that seeing it is an early 4.6 and you pulled 325 There is a good chance and if not you will not be far back, IF!!! your car is running right?

I'm not confident. my 210hp sc will not touch my 98 cobra in either 1/8 or 1/4 mile. Cobra is stock except gears!

That's a huge HP advantage the mustang has over a heavier car.

It all depends on how it's setup. Traction is key to a car that makes a lot of tq out the gate. What does the sn95 have done and any time slips?

Yeah, you got it. Lots of trash talking underway. He currently has a stout bottom end with a set of Patriot stage two heads and cams. He is running a Pro charger at 6# boost. That's how he's at 460rwhp. He has 4.10s and a t56 trans, but he is still running 28 spline axles. The axles may not be a problem for him since the car is so light. His car is lighter, and has a bit more power. Doesn't look good, but he could miss shift or loose traction!

I am considering a Nitrous ProFlo wet shot. What do you guys think? It is still stock heads and bottom end with fresh build and head studs.

As far as nitrous kits go I'd go with the Zex 55-75 hp wet kit. Their whole set-up is virtually idiot proof, I can vouch for that..:p, and works flawlessly. I've been using one for years with great results and a few other members on here are also using one.

im in agreement with no164ford. i've owned 4.6 mustangs for years, and had them built up, but the sc just seems to lay it's power down much smoother when they are running right. red light to red light he won't even stand a chance, IMO.

The Zex kit you are talking about is a dry shot, right? I have the dry shot on the Lincoln and it is fool proof. Did you need to tune extra fuel in to make it all good? I was thinking a dry shot wasn't a good idea when on boost. Not true?

The Zex kit you are talking about is a dry shot, right? I have the dry shot on the Lincoln and it is fool proof. Did you need to tune extra fuel in to make it all good? I was thinking a dry shot wasn't a good idea when on boost. Not true?

Wet shot.............

I'm currently out to sea right now, so I have time to consider options. But, a Chief I've known for years has a 96 GT making currently 460whp. We've always teased each other about who was faster. What do you guys think?

Remember these simple rules...........
1. THE CHIEF IS ALWAYS RIGHT.
2. IN THE IMPOSSIBLE HYPOTHESIS THAT A SUBORDINATE MAY BE RIGHT, SEE ABOVE.
3. THE CHIEF DOES NOT SLEEP, HE RESTS.
4. THE CHIEF IS NEVER LATE, HE IS DETAINED ELSEWHERE.
5. THE CHIEF NEVER LEAVES WORK, HIS PRESENCE IS REQUIRED ELSEWHERE.
6. THE CHIEF NEVER READS THE PAPER IN THE MESS, HE STUDIES.
7. THE CHIEF NEVER GOES ON LIBERTY WITH HIS JUNIORS, HE CONDUCTS TRAINING SESSIONS.
8. WHOEVER CONFRONTS THE CHIEF WITH AN IDEA OF HIS OWN, MUST LEAVE WITH THE CHIEF'S IDEA.
9. THE CHIEF IS ALWAYS THE CHIEF, EVEN IN HIS SHOWER SHOES.

Back