PDA

View Full Version : Shootout Food

SCrazy
09-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Just looking for any suggestions or comments on the lunch and banquet food for the shootout. I thought last year went very well and I was thinking of doing something very similar.

Lunch:
Burgers, dogs and salads

Banquet:
Steak
Shrimp Boil (Shrimp, potatoes, corn, sausage)
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Vegetable
Some kind of dessert

The last few years on Friday Night we've done a big pot of chili, I am thinking of changing that up....maybe chicken wings on the grill or something.

Let me know what you think.

kenewagner
09-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Just looking for any suggestions or comments on the lunch and banquet food for the shootout. I thought last year went very well and I was thinking of doing something very similar.

Lunch:
Burgers, dogs and salads

Banquet:
Steak
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Vegetable
Some kind of dessert

The last few years on Friday Night we've done a big pot of chili, I am thinking of changing that up....maybe chicken wings on the grill or something.

Mouth is watering already:D

Ken

DrFishbone
09-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Mouth is watering already:D

Ken

Mine too. :D

You know...my wife makes some really good gourmet cupcakes (kind of a little side business)...I remember her mentioning possibly making some for the Shootout, if anyone was interested. Could be T-Bird / Cougar themed even. :) Any of the basic flavors of course...but she's also made peanut butter cup, strawberry glaze filled, toasted coconut, raspberry white chocolate, etc.

If you'd like some help with the desserts and cupcakes sound good, let me know and I will talk to her. She has easily made batches of ~100 and could do more.

Ira R.
09-09-2014, 02:58 PM

Lunch:
Burgers, dogs and salads

Banquet:
Steak
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Vegetable
Some kind of dessert

I think I need to start lifting weights so I'm in shape to hold up my end of the Shrimp Boil Kettle this year!! :)

Ira

David Neibert
09-09-2014, 03:43 PM

I like this idea...might also cut down on the cheese cubes being thrown at bats.

David

Nettlesd
09-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Menu looks great. I think the cupcakes would make a nice addition.

SCrazy
09-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Mmmmmmm......cupcakes!!!!!!

davec73
09-09-2014, 04:48 PM
We can always find something to throw at the BAT!

mellbutler
09-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Not a wings fan...too much work for too little meat

maybe fried chicken? A lot of grocery stores offer boxes of chicken
or

maybe burgers friday and sandwiches for lunch sat?

SCrazy
09-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Food Friday night is not really part of the shootout "package" it was always just a snack I put together as something extra.

DrFishbone
09-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Brian,

If you think you'd like us to bring cupcakes, let me know. Danielle is up for it, but usually has an order or two a week!

I forgot what flavors she was thinking about...but it was some of the good ones. :)

SCrazy
09-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Matt....just sent you a PM

CMac89
09-15-2014, 11:23 AM
I vote for chicken wings and everything else the same. I gotta have my steak and skrimp boil!!

Kurt Sunday
09-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Jacob Royer and I will be skipping the snacks......

There's a sandwich in every can!

davec73
09-15-2014, 02:14 PM

That's coors light theres a pork chop in every can!

mywhite89
09-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Brian, sent you a pm.

Chris homan

Jacob_Royer
09-17-2014, 02:00 AM

Yeah Friday I always end up getting drunk and buying a bunch of pizza that I don't eat

ALS35
09-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Yeah Friday I always end up getting drunk and buying a bunch of pizza that I don't eat

Jacob;
Wrong tradition to have started but we all appreciate it and look forward to your beer clouded tradition.
Alan

David Neibert
09-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Wings will go great with Flippy Cup and Jacob's pizza.

David

Jacob_Royer
10-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Wings will go great with Flippy Cup and Jacob's pizza.

David

Was it groth that mooned the pizza guy last year?

davec73
10-04-2014, 08:49 PM
He accosted him lmao:D

mywhite89
10-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Food was awesome. Thanks to everyone involved in organizing the whole event. Glad I was at least able to help save a little cost by bringing trophies. Too bad we got started racing late and I had to skate early!

Chris

mywhite89
10-13-2014, 08:30 AM
Was it groth that mooned the pizza guy last year?

Was that last year or two years ago or both years?