The cursied Blend Door failier HELP PLEASE!!!

DV_17

well I've been trying to diagnose this problem for about a week. I recharged my ac system which has a small leak but I was trying to make it through the summer with some cold air. it was chilly the other day and I turned on the heat an nothing but cold air. if I press the ac button with the heat all the way up on 90 I get nothing but the coldest ac air. I did the ECC self test an I got the codes E7, E2, and P7. so im trying to figure out if I need to replace the blend door assembly or just the actuator motor. this same thing happened to me about this time last year but the problem magically resolved itself. Can someone please give me some insight on this problem. is there anyway I can manually set the door to heat? fall is coming in quick and I cant imagine an Ohio winter without heat. thank you for your time and effort it is really appreciated.

I had similar problem a few years ago, and ended up replacing the blend door actuator. A real PIA but possible to do through the glove box opening..
However you should be able to run the blend door motor manually to control the heat/cold air. It should be possible by applying voltage (5V) to the two wires connected to pin 21 and 25 at connector c258 at the back of the EATC. With the engine off you should be able to hear the motor running. With the blend door in desired position you then need to leave the wires to pin 21 and 25 disconnected.

Attachments

• IMG_8586a.JPG
    IMG_8586a.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 129
Thanks

Thanks imma try that when I get home today. Right now I'm in class I will post results asap :). Any recommendations for finding the 5 volts? To use.

Do these things not default to defrost when there is a blend door failure?

Maybe the auto-temp ones don't. Had an issue like this on my XR7 but not auto-temp, found a small vacuum hose up by the passenger side firewall was cracked and no vacuum to move the blend door.

Opps just looked close at the schematic, no vacuum...:)

Correct, no vacuum. I had this happen in the fall. I pulled the A/C clutch solenoid wire at the compressor. It wasn't cold enough to need heat, but I needed defrost.

FYI and I am uncertain about the Tbrids and XR7's. Fords the AC never shuts off, it will only shut off in 2 positions, VENT and FLOOR. It's been getting a bit chilly here, it did this last year too(99 Taurus) but I never ever remember it doing it before.

I tested what the folks were saying and showww nufff, VENT and FLOOR I get hot air, other settings warmish. Eventually the ambient temp gets cold enough the AC cycles on and off to keep the moisture level down and also to keep oil up in the compressor.

I'll have to try my sons 90 SC and see if it does it too.

bad news

I just tried it and I did not hear the motor turn at all I'm kinda bummed any other secession ? I used a five volt cell phone charger and cut the top off of a USB. Then that didn't work so I went with 3 1.5 v batteries in series and still no go :(

fixed it

I went through the glove box and pulled out the ducting Un bolted the act and took it apart it just the actual door got stuck but the motor was good so I took the motor apart and plugged it up to see everything working properly. Good news I have heat now I set the ecc to 85 and felt heat coming through after letting it idle so I just unplugged the act to make sure I don't have to do this again. Getting the passenger side ducting in and out is harder than the act motor. Thanks for everyone's help

Back