'90 SC stalls when put in gear

fordman90

My '90 stopped turning over at the key switch. It starts just fine when I jump the solenoid with a screwdriver.Bouncy tach still for 15 to 20 seconds. I installed new IAC already. It will set and idle ok, after 4 minutes or so, I see slow drip out the tailpipes. Condension ?? Anyway, when I put it reverse to back out of the driveway, it has a tendency to stall. Any ideas on that guys? All thoughts appreciated. I got new plugs,(not installed yet) , AWSF 34PP. What should they be gapped at? I think I set them at .56. I want the gap to be right before I put them in.

stalling might be related to a vac leak. did you mess with intercooler tubes during the tune up or disconnect any vacuum hoses? try to get your hands on a good hand held vac guage or take a peek at the boost/vac gauge. It should show about15-18hg at idle.

After I started it, let it idle a bit, I put it in reverse and it would stall.Same thing when turning around in neighbors driveway. I bought a new ignition switch today, new fuel filter and a thermostat. After it runs about 5 minutes or more, I loosen the radiator cap, antifreeze goes everywhere., it seems to be stuck closed.I'll get it lined out eventually.

Back