about the brake and abs light

AnvSCMAN

why does the break and abs light come on when applying brakes been doin it ever since i got this car but brakes work fine dont know what is causing this but would like to know if it is easily repairable

thanks

learn from my mistake

a few yrs ago,when i bought my car, my abs light would flash everytime i hit the brake pedal.However i tested the them several times by slamming the brakes on and ..hey they worked fine....or so i thought.then one once upon a time a nice old chinese lady in a honda cut in front of me and my brakes locked up like an old chevy on an ice rink.i totalled my factory bumper cover with sc lettering...getting harder to find now.

Here's the solution!!!!!!!!!!

:D

OK, If your car does the following, it's called an accumulator ball, the round ball by the ABS unit that's against the firewall.

You hit the brakes and the ABS and brake lights come on one after the other and the pedal goes down for a second and comes right back and you feel the pump run for about 2 seconds.

This is common on these cars and is available from Ford and Prior remanufacturing (listed in links list).

Any questions, post it here.

Don

Pres. NJTACC

Back