Oil Cooler Clogged

moellers

I have a 90 SC that still is in pretty good condition, with only 110,000 original miles. I was flushing out the cooling system and came to realize the stock oil cooler coolant lines are completely plugged. I dug out a bunch of rust and debris on the inlet side of the cooler and tried flushing/back flushing with water pressure to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with unclogging one? I know they are no longer available, and would like to get this system operable. If I can't unplug it, does anyone know where I can obtain one in good condition? Thanks for any help.

Talk to a radiator shop, maybe they could clean it out or direct you to someplace that could.

That style of cooler is used on many OEM vehicles, both Ford and otherwise. However, the inlet and outlet pipes are often bent in different configurations. If you can't get one for an SC, you can probably adapt one from an F-150 or something like that. I think you could check an oil filter cross reference list to find likely candidate vehicles.

Talk to a radiator shop, maybe they could clean it out or direct you to someplace that could.

Good advice 722. It took several hours of tanking and rinsing, but my local radiator shop was able to get it clean as a whistle for $50. Now I don't have to stress out about finding a replacement! Thanks.

Back