Shootout - Parking Lot Party!!!

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
One of the best things about the Shootout is the time we get to spend hanging out and partying in the hotel parking lot on Friday and Saturday night. The hotel we are currently at is VERY tolerant of us having a good time, drinking and carousing all day long and until all hours of the night.

However..........a couple of things happened last year that cannot happen again.

1. Burnouts in the Parking Lot. There can be NO burnouts at all in the hotel parking lot. Last year the hotel parking lot was resurfaced the week before we arrived and we had people tearing it up, not to mention the risk of a burnout with people and kids all around. If you want to burn out by all means do it on the access roads all around the hotel, there is little to no traffic, lots of space and everyone can see you from the hotel. If you are seen by the hotel doing a burnout or even leaving a little rubber in the parking lot you will immediately be kicked out of the hotel and the entire group will be at risk of not being allowed to return next year, the Shootout Committee supports this stance by the hotel manager. Make your HS driving instructor proud when in the hotel parking lot.

2. We need to do a much better job of cleaning up after ourselves. Flip Cup until 2am is awesome....leaving cups, can bottles, cheese cubes, puke, various unmentionables send to us by Russ and all sorts of other debris all over the parking lot is NOT. The hotel will have some extra garbage cans out and about for us to use, we need to use them and each night leave the hotel grounds as spotless as when the party started.

Thanks everyone.....see you soon

Sunday's Retribution:

Last year I was one of the dummies that did a small burnout in the hotel's parking lot. To be honest I did not know it was against Shootout rules -usually the SC groups are banned forever from hotels. Since this hotel tolerates us and we want to come back I pledge not to do any hotel parking lot burnouts.

For 2014:
I have purchased several hundred trash bags. I will keep a supply of empty trash bags near each hotel entrance/exit and around the parking lot. Please feel free to use as many as you need. (Paper bags will be available at the front desk for those of you bringing ugly women with you)

Kurt Sunday has been appointed official Shootout Parking lot Sheriff and will be responsible for enforcing the no burnout rule and dealing with other problems. Since our budget doesn't allow for a badge and uniform, he will be making his own.

David

Wish I could be there this year. I blame Jacob Royer for all the burnouts last year in the parking lot :D. I at least roasted my tires on the access road.

Back