Take tuning to a whole new level

So what does this do for 94-95 SC's? Allows what, COP and 2 step? What I would really like is a definition for Marauders. Can you create one of those?

I assume you have to swap computers and some pins in the harness?

Last edited:
So what does this do for 94-95 SC's? Allows what, COP and 2 step? What I would really like is a definition for Marauders. Can you create one of those?

I assume you have to swap computers and some pins in the harness?

I can tune the maurauders, what are you trying to do exactly? log through the QH ?

if so, its as simple as an ecu swap with this def (if it goes to fruition)

well it happened, it went a slightly different route but done regardless

enjoy everyone and your very welcome

http://info.efidynotuning.com/fbfg2.htm

Free custom tuning software and base tunes for 99-04 mustang v6/gt/cobra f-150/lightning/harley truck crown vic/grand marquis maurauder navigator/blackwood/expedition/continental

all you need is a quarterhorse from moates.net, it doesnt get any easier than that

That is awesome! How much time in terms of hours, do you think that it took you?

I'm going to get a QH next year for my SC. I wish that the SC was OBDII, because on my Mustang, I have to admit that I'm spoiled with SCT and my old style Livewire.....it provides enough parameters that I can adjust myself (temperatures that fans come on, shift points, shift firmness, spark advance, etc). In doing some datalogging with Livelink, their custom race tune was right to the limit on MBT spark, and it's cool to log the amount of vacuum present at WOT and things like that. I think that i'll get Dave here to custom grind me some cams for both of my 3.8's.

Last edited:
click on the link above and follow the instructions

I probably got about 1,200 hours in it at this point

So do I need to get a mustang or f150 EEC and possibly repin some things? Or just throw that calibration in the EEC I have and make the value changes? This is for the Maruader right now.

For dummies.....

Does this mean I don't have to sell my SC now? Can the cool kids tell the LD kid(s) what is going on?

blown38.. good talking to you yesterday, just to follow up though, no you do not need to swap ecu's most people don't know it but the 99-04 mustang v6/gt/cobra f-150/lightning/harley truck crown vic/grand marquis maurauder navigator/blackwood/expedition/continental all have interchangeable ecu's, they are pretty much all the same with slight differences, they can all run on the strategy in the link above

micah.. prior to the above link, all 99-04 ford vehicles had pay-for tuning, with the above, you can DIY tune most all 99-04 ford ecu's for free

a 99-04 ecu can be used on a supercoupe as well, its as simple as running shielded wires from the crank trigger and using a new VR style cam sensor from a split port v6, you can either work your stock supercoupe harness or swap in a 99-04 v8 or v6 mustang wiring harness and slapping coil on plugs on her, it would probably be best IMO to use coil near plug like the LS1 setup just to remove the coils away from the exhaust

the benefit of swapping to the newer ecu's is gaining an obd-II port, they are much faster ecu's, coil on plug, the factory 2 step, and any hacks and code i write for it later down the line like CL wideband control or the nitrous/meth control like i wrote for the early sc's and the foxbody mustang ecu's

back in 2002 I upgraded a 94/ 95 EEC to a 96/ 97 version in my Cougar sold 5.4L mod motor car. I regretted the change since it was more complicated and took a while to get the tune right.. With that in mind, what are the improvements in upgrading to the 99-04 EEC's?

a 99-04 ecu can be used on a supercoupe as well, its as simple as running shielded wires from the crank trigger and using a new VR style cam sensor from a split port v6, you can either work your stock supercoupe harness or swap in a 99-04 v8 or v6 mustang wiring harness and slapping coil on plugs on her, it would probably be best IMO to use coil near plug like the LS1 setup just to remove the coils away from the exhaust

the benefit of swapping to the newer ecu's is gaining an obd-II port, they are much faster ecu's, coil on plug, the factory 2 step, and any hacks and code i write for it later down the line like CL wideband control or the nitrous/meth control like i wrote for the early sc's and the foxbody mustang ecu's

Great one more mod to add to the list.

the main benefit is coil on plug, for those with higher hp and spin higher rpm's its a good alternative to the stock ecu

not to mention its free to tune the 99-04 ecu's where as the 89-95 sc ecu's you have to buy the software and definition file

So are there pin changes to be made if I use a spare marauder ecu on my SC? Or would the easiest thing to do, be get a computer engine harness and cam sensor from a 99 v6 stang?

So are there pin changes to be made if I use a spare marauder ecu on my SC? Or would the easiest thing to do, be get a computer engine harness and cam sensor from a 99 v6 stang?

I read that too - I see a trip to the pick-n-save in the near future...

-Tim

it would be easier to just swap the v6 stang harness in, just strip it down to the bare bones of what you need

Back