coolant tubing

jdsgallops

Do the coolant hoses/tubing that run over the valve covers have a known weak point? Back when I was driving the bird everyday I got a big plume of smoke on the exit ramp from the interstate on my way home one night. It looked like the normal heater core leakvso I bypassed the core and had no further issues. I did cap the passenger side at the intake manifold fitting. Being I haven't had a lot of time lately to finish up a couple of loose ends I started it the other day just to make sure the battery was staying charged. In doing so I once again got a big puff of smoke/steam from the passenger side again. It appears to be coming from under the intake tubing/valve cover area not fuurther down. Heater core was replaced only to find a fresh one had already been installed. Throttle body is after market but tubes on coolant tubing have been capped. I noticed nothing abnormal about the tubing when I had the engine out. Is there something I may have missed?

I think I found the issue. It appears the cap on the nipple for the throttle body hose is not sealing. I have a rubber cap with a hose clamp on it. IIRC I replaced this when I had the engine out as the one that was on there looked suspect. Wondering what my options are. Remove it and have welded closed? Epoxy? Any other suggestions?

Bypass the hoses to the throttle body they only warm up the t/b for cold climates. Get a brass adapter put the two hoses together that are on t/b and leave t/b alone no coolant to them when hoses detatched.

Back