PDA

View Full Version : And the number of 5 speed 35th Anniversary Super Coupes is....

Kurt K
09-24-2014, 10:06 AM
After submitting pictures of door tags, buck tags and window stickers I have received from the Marti picture request threard (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?134436-Marti-Reports-needs-our-help), I have received information back from Marti listing the number of 5 speed 35th Anniversary cars. Keep in mind that according to the various Marti Reports people have shared of their cars, it has become apparent that the SCCoA production numbers do not match what Marti Reports is listing. Typically, the SCCoA numbers shown are less than the numbers shown in the database that Marti Reports received from Ford. I've asked if Marti could theorize why the difference, but I haven't had a response yet. I wonder if Marti's database includes cars that were never to be sold:confused:

Anyway, here's what we now know about the number of 35th Anniversary SCs.
Total production: 3381 (only 10 more than the SCCoA numbers)
Automatics: 2589
5 Speeds: 792

I want to thank everyone that has already submitted pictures to the thread above for helping to make this happen. I plan on requesting production numbers for Chameleon and Silver Blue Mist 1995 Super Coupes next, as i suspect they are likely the rarest birds out there.

Edit: Opal Frost is a 1994 color, not 1995. I changed to Silver Blue Mist, which was only available in 1995.

Brad Klein
09-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Opal Frost was a color in 95 according to my 95 brochure and Im pretty sure RJ's 95 is Opal

Kurt K
09-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Opal Frost was a color in 95 according to my 95 brochure and Im pretty sure RJ's 95 is OpalWell, I found a color list from another site, so I suppose that is definitely possible. I haven't actually checked brochures. Thanks for the heads-up.

MadMikeyL
09-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Wow! I wonder what happened to them all? I have definitely seen more 95 5-speeds than 35th 5-speeds, both in person and for sale. Come to think of it, I have only ever seen 1 5-speed 35th in person! If I had to guess, I would have thought it would be somewhere in the 2-300 range.

1bad67cat
09-24-2014, 05:18 PM
now, how many 35ths had the moonroof with the 5 spd?

A1cntrler
09-24-2014, 05:26 PM
That number of 5 speeds is much more believable than the number of 147 I've seen written elsewhere (various magazine articles). With 792 of them I see it as feasible for me to have 2 of them. Good work!

I still need to send mine in to you. Would you still like them or is the research done?

kamakazie_1
09-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Opal Frost was a color in 95 according to my 95 brochure and Im pretty sure RJ's 95 is Opal

Actually the Ford supposed official color name of the pearl white in 94 and 95 is "Performance White" according to what I found when I went to paint the lowers and hood on mine.. I think it was the WR paint code, that's on both my 95 5Spd and the Auto. but I have seen it listed in several places as White Opalescent.. So who knows for sure... That color is listed for TBird and Courgar 94,95,96,97..

RJ

Kurt K
09-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Actually the Ford supposed official color name of the pearl white in 94 and 95 is "Performance White" according to what I found when I went to paint the lowers and hood on mine.. I think it was the WR paint code, that's on both my 95 5Spd and the Auto. but I have seen it listed in several places as White Opalescent.. So who knows for sure... That color is listed for TBird and Courgar 94,95,96,97..

RJ
The WR paint code information I found shows White Opalescent Clearcoat Metallic as the color. There are several varieties of "White" throughout the years.

Kurt K
09-24-2014, 06:43 PM
That number of 5 speeds is much more believable than the number of 147 I've seen written elsewhere (various magazine articles). With 792 of them I see it as feasible for me to have 2 of them. Good work!

I still need to send mine in to you. Would you still like them or is the research done?

The research definitely isn't done, so please send them in. I'm consulting with others in the club on the path of requested data, but currently the thinking is color breakdown per year. Regardless of the future request path, we still want more information and therefore need more pictures.

1bad67cat
09-24-2014, 09:15 PM
A1cntrler, that 147 number, I heard was the supposed to be the 5 speed moonroof cars, but I could be wrong.

Mercutio
09-25-2014, 12:51 AM
The WR paint code information I found shows White Opalescent Clearcoat Metallic as the color. There are several varieties of "White" throughout the years.

Kurt, for whatever it's worth, my 1995 dealer brochure lists that year's white colors as White Opalescent Clearcoat and Vibrant White Clearcoat.

09-25-2014, 03:58 PM
The research definitely isn't done, so please send them in. I'm consulting with others in the club on the path of requested data, but currently the thinking is color breakdown per year. Regardless of the future request path, we still want more information and therefore need more pictures.

For the most part, the color breakdown is shown on the individual Marti Report. Am i not correct?

Kurt K
09-25-2014, 06:20 PM
For the most part, the color breakdown is shown on the individual Marti Report. Am i not correct?
You are correct, and I hadn't considered that when I asked for those colors. I will be more selective on the next round of requests, to be something that's not on a basic report.

Thanks for your input.

Pat DiPersia
09-25-2014, 07:32 PM
You are correct, and I hadn't considered that when I asked for those colors. I will be more selective on the next round of requests, to be something that's not on a basic report.

Thanks for your input.

My fault too. I thought it was ONLY by paint/trim code. Realize now it's paint and paint/trim code. No biggie - probably not many of those colors around to even get the report in the first place.

09-25-2014, 10:21 PM
You are quite welcome Kurt. I also remember reading that ford lumped all special colors in with other colors somehow, and it would be very dificult to dig out the numbers. I dont remember where but i read it. Guess i can post my report again since i have plated my car now. I will try to get that done this week end.

Kurt K
09-26-2014, 08:17 AM
You are quite welcome Kurt. I also remember reading that ford lumped all special colors in with other colors somehow, and it would be very dificult to dig out the numbers. I dont remember where but i read it. Guess i can post my report again since i have plated my car now. I will try to get that done this week end.If you'd rather just email the report, just shoot me a pm and I'll send you my email. Or you could send it to Pat.

09-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Ok will do. Thank you.

A1cntrler
09-28-2014, 01:53 AM
A1cntrler, that 147 number, I heard was the supposed to be the 5 speed moonroof cars, but I could be wrong.

Both of mine are 5 speeds with factory moonroofs too.