everything fine then no start.

zbird1

92 sc had the car since 05 never had a problem with this. Parked it Thursday went to start it yesterday nothing dead not even a click from the starter but everything else works fine. Radio, lights, windows, wipers when you turn the key you here the fuel pump but nothing else looked at a bunch of threads last night changed the ignition switch this morning still nothing also with in the last few months new battery, battery cables, starter relay only other thing I can think of is key cylinder or the neutral safety switch. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks .8

check a few things..

92 sc had the car since 05 never had a problem with this. Parked it Thursday went to start it yesterday nothing dead not even a click from the starter but everything else works fine. Radio, lights, windows, wipers when you turn the key you here the fuel pump but nothing else looked at a bunch of threads last night changed the ignition switch this morning still nothing also with in the last few months new battery, battery cables, starter relay only other thing I can think of is key cylinder or the neutral safety switch. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks .8
First place make sure both starter relays are doing there job. You have the one on the fender as well as the one on the starter it self.. The fender one you can jump with a screw driver the other one it is best to use a test light.. First try this and then if it is still dead start looking at other things like the lockout on the brake pedal or the trans one depending on if it is auto or stick....Good luck.....Rich

It's a auto. Yes I pulled the starter and had it checked out. It worked fine. I ordered a neutral safety switch it will be in Tuesday so I'll see what happens after I change that. Feels like I'm chasing a ghost.

Jumping the fender relay with a screwdriver is a quick test that can eliminate that part as a possible failure. Good call Rich.

Back on the road. It was the neutral safety switch. Was worried for a while. Thanks for the help. Trying to do everything to keep these beautiful cars on the road.

Back