turbocoupe rear end

cheap

Anyone know if the axles from a ford 7.5" rear end will work in a turbocoupe's 8.8? I know the axles work in 8.8s from fox-body mustangs (for a 4 --> 5lug conversion) but from what I understand the TC's axles are 0.75" longer per side than fox mustang rear ends.

Thanks, dave

disk brake diffs require the longer axles, drums require the shorter, not interchangable unless the disk/drum setup is swapped, I can look at a 5.0 and TC 8.8 axle if you need dimensions, both are 28 spline

my 5 lugs are disc. You see, I have a '95 v6 mustang and want to put the TC rear end in my car, but will have to convert it to 5 lug if Im not mistaken. I know when using a GT's 8.8 all that is necessary is to swap the axles from the 7.5 to the 8.8 and everything else works fine - brakes, wheels, etc.

thanks for the tip on tccoa, didn't even know there was such a forum (but i guess it makes sense).

dave

94 - 98 Mustang axles are all the same, 7.5" or 8.8", the only difference being whether or not they have the ABS rings. Wouldn't it be easier to put in a 94 - 98 GT assembly, then sell the TC rearend to someone looking for a 4-lug, rear disc 8.8 ??

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

or ranger axles work also, forgot which side, Aerostars work too I believe, but they only had RWABS on certain years? Yea, I would sell the TC diff to someone with an older fox Mustang(if you paid quite a bit), all they need to do is re-drill the quad shock mounts 2" down on the axle. Then just buy a regular drum 8.8 to swap the disk/axles over.

One side of the Aerostar and Ranger axles work for doing a 5-lug conversion on a 79 - 93 Mustang, but the 94 - up cars need longer axles ...

cheers
Ed N.

those axles would work with a regular fox diff and the disk hardware from a 94?, or the calipers etc themselves have different offsets(or am I thinking MarkVII:confused: ).
I know I saw a pic of all those axles lined up somewhere but forgot where:rolleyes:, damn it :p

I've even converted a few diffs over(one a month ago), shows how much I remember:D

Back