issues (video)

I checked all over for leaks, found the sc tube was leaking a little, just bought the car not sure whats all been done with it.

Whats the best way to check for codes?

Thanks!

That leak is likely most of your problem. I bought a scan tool at the local chain parts store that does obd 1 and 2 a few years ago for about 150 bucks and its paid for itself a dozen times. If you have codes your check engine light will be on...check out this thread for pulling codes . Edit...wrong link..but judging by your name you have a 95.. I think 95s are obd2.. Ther might be a way to jump some pins in the diagnostic connector and count blinking lights..you can pull codes on the older models..obd1 that way.

Last edited:
Put the air filter box and filter back on it and see if it smooths out. Without any air filter on the end of the MAF, it makes the readings bounce around, and will cause all kinds of idle issues.

Also try unplugging the IAC valve. Its on the TB next to the TP sensor.

Good catch Mikey. I didn't catch that at the beginning.

Last edited:
OK replaced the TP sensor and still having idle issues... Once I warm the car up it seems to get better, if I drive the car down the road its fine until I come to a stop..

anything helps! Thanks

Vacuum leak is what it sounds like check all hoses because it sounds relatively small. Plastic one crack easy also if you can pull them right off of the fittings they are on with out any restraint it is more than likely leaking there. Replace bad ones and zip tie the ends.

Back