Too much boost?

whitebird93

I think i have to much boost this pic is just sitting at idle. The engine is stock and was rebuilt about 20k ago with felpro head gaskets. For exhaust i have kooks headers into hiflow cats into the 3rd cat (im thinking that might be the problem?) rest of the exhaust is stock. Or is my boost gauge way off? from what i have read i should only be getting 15 - 17 right?

Attachments

• IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 387
that is vacumm

I think i have to much boost this pic is just sitting at idle. The engine is stock and was rebuilt about 20k ago with felpro head gaskets. For exhaust i have kooks headers into hiflow cats into the 3rd cat (im thinking that might be the problem?) rest of the exhaust is stock. Or is my boost gauge way off? from what i have read i should only be getting 15 - 17 right?

That is a two way gauge. It shows both boost and vacumm.. the gauge will have to go up and over the top to get to the boost, right now it is showing a good engine at normal ....Rich

At idle im at 17lbs vac on my digital i thought that was normal

17 inches is normal. Not every engine is not the same. 17-20 is considered normal for a stock engine. Diferences will come from mechanical wear, altitude, temp and so. Anythingbelow 17 and i would look for the cause

If u mdon,t have the mlt gaskests i would not over boost

THE OLD COOPER GASKESTS ARE N/G THE S.S,.MLT ARE THE BEST
:cool:

Nothing wrong with the old school gaskets. The secret is to use studs not tty bolts. MLS gaskets blow also, i had a blown gasket on my old windstar witch has MLS from the factory.

Back