-8 vs -6 fuel line conversion

JT's03

Upgrading my fuel system to a return style and using the fuel rail pictured. My goal with the car is to make 9sec power so roughly 600rwhp. Fuel will be vp 110 but would not like to rule out e85 for the future. I'm using 2x 255 lph fuel pumps. I have to convert the stock spring lock fittings to an style and can only find -6 adapter thus the reason for this thread. -8 is my first choice but now I'm really wondering if it's needed.

Another subject I'd like to touch on is "an" style fuel filters and what micron should I go with?

Attachments

• IMG_2935.jpg
    IMG_2935.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 162
How large is the i.d. of those crossover hoses? I only ask because the stock single port fuel rail crossover hoses are like 3/16" i.d. a bottleneck in the fuel system for sure for single ports.

How large is the i.d. of those crossover hoses? I only ask because the stock single port fuel rail crossover hoses are like 3/16" i.d. a bottleneck in the fuel system for sure for single ports.

Yeah it's a bottle neck but an easy fix. Just upgrade to gates 3/8" cross over line like j did.

Yes sir thank you very much. I've been looking on summit all evening lol. Do you know if the return line uses the same 5/16 spring lock? It is smaller. I'm also going to use -8 feed and return to keep it simple.

I wanna say they are different but not sure. Summit says its the same. i'll have to check when i get home.

On the single port rail I have here they are different sizes. I would think the supply side should be 3/8. Summit may have it listed wrong.

Fore precision has some nice filters compatible with e85. Go with the stainless mesh elements. 100micron before the pump and 10 micron after.

I didn't even consider -10 until you mentioned it then I started researching and found a lot of people use that size for ethanol and methanol.

Drew my schematic last night and got pretty much everything I need ordered. About $320 spent on lines and fittings so far. I've got 20' coming in the -8 kit I bought but know I'll need more. I measured about 13' for both lines. I found the spring lock to an fittings on late model resto that come in a kit. Next dilemma is to figure out how to incorporate the frps into the new rail so I can log fuel pressure still.

I have a question, I'm new to this return system. This stock style regulator will fuel pressure rise 1:1 with boost pressure?

Back