I think I found my misfire

Birddog85

The plugs on 2,3,5, and 6 looked beautiful.
Cylinders 1 and 4 were solid black with carbon.

We'll see how she runs after this weekend with new plugs and wires.

Attachments

• 20141008_173821.jpg
    20141008_173821.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 170
Step 1 replace plugs. Step 2, find and fix the underlying problem. I'm thinking 1 and 4 fire at the same time, so I would be looking at a possible coil problem especially if it's a hard throttle misfire. Good luck

Chris

Last edited:
That could be an issue, now is it the coil pack, plug wire or just an old plug that caused the problem?

I'm going on an in injector issue but there still could be a coil problem. Or a ground problem.
The PO threw a lot of new parts at her trying to figure something out.

Step 1 replace plugs. Step 2, find and fix the underlying problem. I'm thinking 1 and 4 fire at the same time, so I would be looking at a possible coil problem especially if it's a hard throttle misfire. Good luck

Chris

I'm working those lines. The one issue is a Hydrolock on startup. It would stop a brand new starter and battery dead (PO installed).
The cooling system pressure tests fine.

Are you getting any check engine codes. When my cam position sensor was out of whack it would feel hydrolocked on some attempts. Without the cam position sensor on line the computer has no idea when to fire on each cylinder. Ford made it so it would guess...some guesses appear like super advanced timing and it feels like it cant crank. Maybe someone else can explain it better but when you crank it and that happens...take the key all the way back to off and try again...if thats the issue itll take 3-5attempts..once running you'll also notice tour tachometer is flatlined or comes back intermittently..if you think its really hydrolocked stop cranking and pullout the plugs!

Back