Where were you 1 year ago?

Melon

SCCoA Member
Some of you may remember and some may not. One year ago today is when I hit a deer, which was the first of my three big mods. I had attended a SC Club of IA's meet and was on my way home. Just got off Interstate 80 at the Atlantic, IA/ Highway 71 exit and was headed towards the gas station that was a mile or two off the interstate when BAM, smacked a doe. Luckily I caught her in the air and just wrinkled the hood and fender. It could have been much worse like making the car not able to move at all or just taking out alot more than that. Here's a few pics of the minimal damage. What you can't see that got damaged was the headlight mounting bracket - ended up with a few cracks in that. I'm replacing it next spring.

deer1.jpg

deer3.jpg

I know the pictures suck, but I didn't have my digi cam at the time. After I got my 'Bird back from the body shop, I had rust taken out, clear coat replaced, and a brand new Cervini's Raim Air (aka Mach I) Hood put on. It was January 26th at 7am when I got my 'Bird back. In June, I got my windows tinted to the Nebraska legal limit and in late July, I got my wheels put on. This is what my 'Bird looks like a year later - quite a change a year can make.

Front%20Right.jpg

Just an interesting thought for everyone to ponder - where were you 1 year ago? At 8pm, I can say I was sitting with a Iowa County Sheriff filling out an accident report. The other interesting thing I remember from that morning - while the garage door was opening, I remember telling my friend Mike "Man, I wish something could happen so I could get the nose repainted to fix the rock scratches"

So - where were you 1 year ago?

-Andy "Melon"

Crazy man

Looks Great when are you coming back out our way for another meet. We do miss ya man!

1 year ago today, I was marking another day off of the calendar, and had 10 days left until I was out of the Marine Corps. :)

Rick

1 year ago today i was getting the SC ready to be stored for the winter. Little did I know, that some 7 weeks later I would be driving it to the January meeting because it was going to be 58 degrees and Sunny that day.

jan3.jpg

January Meeting Photo

05.JPG

November Meeting Photo

I'm going to try to make it out for the next meet in Marshalltown or if there is a get-together in Des Moines, I'll try to make that one. Between working out stuff for Nebraska Thundercats (which will be a club for a year in April 2003) going to work full-time, and school full-time, I don't sleep much hehe..

And with the anticipation of a new 'Bird soon, I can't wait. Hopefully, I'll swing out sometime next year and the new 'Bird with me instead of mine, but will have to wait and see what happens then. Gotta get it first - for those who want details, e-mail me and I'll get the entire story - it's quite a story, but a wonderful SC story none-the-less.

-Andy "Melon"

The next time we are in Marshalltown will be in May. :eek:

I hope we see you guys again before then!!!!

We are talking about doing the Go-Karts in Des Miones sometime in Mid Febuary.

Hey Mike,
Let me know if you are doing the go carts in Des Moines in Feb.
I might be able to make it up there. Just send me an email letting me know. rodney92sc@hotmail.com

On a side note. I got a new SC to replace the red one that was totaled in KC in sept. at the BTM meet. Rodney

Rodney - cool about getting the new one? Year? Tranny? What are you going to do with the other? You buy it back for the parts or let it go to a salvage yard?

Mike - let me know too about doing the go karts in Feb. May swing over too.. Go Karts are fun as hell to do.

-Andy "Melon"

It's a 93 auto, soon to be a 5-speed. The kid that hit me did not have any insurance and I didn't have full coverage. I still got the car and just pulled the engine last weekend. I'm going to do some more stuff to the engine then put it in the new SC. I should have it ready to go to the next meet in St. Louis.

Rodney

rodney92sc said:
It's a 93 auto, soon to be a 5-speed. The kid that hit me did not have any insurance and I didn't have full coverage. I still got the car and just pulled the engine last weekend. I'm going to do some more stuff to the engine then put it in the new SC. I should have it ready to go to the next meet in St. Louis.

Rodney

Rodney,
It good to here from you again! I was sorry to hear about the 92 and I almost got sick when I saw it in the lot Sunday morning. Glad to hear you got it replaced.

I'm working on my 90 this winter and if all goes well it should be on the streets this spring too. I'm beefing up the bottom end so I can build it up when I get some extra coin! :D

I just added your email address it the list and I'll keep in touch! You too Andy .....

Back