wheel hop need help

kw90supercoupe

I swapped my 90 auto to a 5sp now i have wheel hop. I have the bigger passenger cv axle jusy not installed yet. Will that help. Or how do i get rid of this nasty ~~~~. When it was auto it never did wheel hop.now what to dp

The larger axle will help some, but won't completely cure it. If you really want it gone, you need to replace all your rear suspension bushings with delrin ones and replace your rear subframe bushings with UMHW ones.

I swapped my 90 auto to a 5sp now i have wheel hop. I have the bigger passenger cv axle jusy not installed yet. Will that help. Or how do i get rid of this nasty ~~~~. When it was auto it never did wheel hop.now what to dp

Delrin bushings so far have been one of the sure ways to reduce and/or eliminate wheel hop. They do change how the suspension behaves slightly and increase noise slightly.

Currently being sold by someone in this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...leeves-rear-caliper-brackets&highlight=delrin

These were designed and developed by user DLF originally.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?105574-Delrin-Rear-Suspension-Bushings&highlight=delrin

You may also be able to contact user XR7 Dave (via email) and see if he has a solution for you.

The delrin control arm/knuckle bushings do seem to help, but they didn't eliminate wheel hop on my car. I think it's just a consequence of the suspension design.

The delrin control arm/knuckle bushings do seem to help, but they didn't eliminate wheel hop on my car. I think it's just a consequence of the suspension design.

It is a consequence of suspension compliance and the direct connection of the manual transmission, tires, and crankshaft. In an Auto car the fluid coupling of the torque converter dampen the stresses of moving a 4000lb car forward. In the manual car the suspension has to do it all. The hop is from the unloading of the suspension when the tires loose traction.

Once you have the suspension arms such that they can't absorb much stress (delrin or Poly), then the subframe bushings start to do the same. Thus if you want to make smokey burn outs make sure you are using a car with an Auto Transmission or a manual car with low friction on the tires. Otherwise on the manual cars you just have to be careful to not push it into wheel hop.

Back