Finally back in the 11's

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Went to the track back on Wednesday night to take advantage of the great racing weather (temps in the 60's and dry) and hopes to get back into the 11's after not being there for a while.

1st pass:
R/T --- .110
60' ---- 1.638
11.623 @ 115.98

Checked the data log and the methanol wasn't working....again. AFR went high, ACTs went higher. Did some strategic tapping on the pump and even thought I felt the pump run, but it obviously didn't work during the second pass as indicated by high AFR and ACT.

2nd pass:
R/T --- .039
60' ---- 1.643
11.746 @ 114.91

I decided to try my hand with changing the tune to at least fatten up the AFR. Called Corey for a consultation and made some changes. The AFR was much better, but I got slower again.

R/T --- .047
60' ---- 1.718
11.913 @ 114.34

I learned a couple of things tonight, but the main thing is that without methanol, my IC is not anywhere close to big enough, especially if using my 10% JS pulley. I've been flip-flopping between a fmic and liquid-to-air for quite some time, and now I will need to pull the trigger on something.

If you decide to do an air to air front mount let me know kurt. I chucked the methonal system off of my setup because I just don't need it with my innercooler and I have air just like you. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

What was the cool down time between those runs and are you running an IC fan?
Cool down was over 45 minutes between runs 1 & 2 and probably 30 minutes between 2 & 3; and I do have an IC fan. The last run had significant changes to the MAF curve and actually went rich in parts of the run, so I wouldn't compare that run to the other two.

Congrats! What intercooler are you using and what were the iats?
I'm still using my old school SC specific Spearco IC.
ppic4.jpg
It has served me well, but without methanol my ACTs are over 200F. At the Shootout, I actually saw 242F :eek: on my datalog the first time the methanol pump failed. AFRs were over 12:1 too.

Wow...a 242 ACT means the charge air temps must have been roaring coming into the IC. Yes, time for a larger unit.

Back