Pic of hood stripes

1FSTBRD

I've thought that the slightly raised accent lines on the hood needed to be accentuated a bit more.....I went with 5/16 black stripes to give it a bit of flash, but nothing too extreme (in keeping with the relatively understated nature of these cars). I think that it looks like it could have been a factory option, with the white/ black scheme that was already there on the trim. It took me about a half hour to do.

Now 'ya know where my nickname comes from on here, too........ :)

tbirdfront600X338.JPG
tbirdfrontangle600X338.JPG

Last edited:
That would be a good idea! I'm debating whether to keep the stock hood (heavier), or whether to go with the dual hood scoop hood next year, also out of heat extraction reasons.

I'd lean towards a raised hood at the back if it's heat extraction you're after. Remember that normal flow is in at the front, then over the engine and down under the car. If you let more in, be sure it can go out just as fast.

Good to know. I'm not a major fan of a cowl hood on these cars, just because I think that it oversteps the "sporty business coupe" territory, but I think that the cowl hood looks awesome on Mustangs and Camaros and things like that. Just as long as the dual hood vents some measure of heat, I'm fine with that.

Are you sure the factory cooling aids are all in place? Chin spoiler? Radiator side baffles? Fan speeds working? Stock thermostat? Car lowered?

Yeah, all the factory things are there. The heat isn't crazy bad, but I just like lowering underhood temps however I can do it. I also removed the front A/C condenser, too, to allow a bit more air flow into both the rad and intercooler. I have a Ken Wagner double intercooler as well, and it works great......I can put my hand on the DIC and intercooler tubing and it's only mildly warm to the touch.

Back