car runs with no tach indicating...and was hard to start...

vettewars

92, stock auto SC, was hard to start...thought it was the crank sensor...but I've read if the shift up light DOESNT come on, then it's not the crank sensor.

also...on some starting attempts it sounds like the engine is trying to run backwards.

after repeated tries I got it going...but it then ran without the tach indicating....but after a few miles down the road the tach came back on.

it never misses a beat once its going...something I'm not used to when the crank sensor goes....usually the precursor is the engine cuts out for a second while running.

I changed the module and it did exactly the same thing a few days later.

any comments appreciated...

its the cam sensor for sure...mine did the exact same thing. YOu can get it at autozone for 29 bucks and it takes 5 min to replace.

thanks....and hey fastsc...that's movin considering the mods you've done....pretty much what I have, with exception of ProM MAF and headers. Have you considered the magnaport II?...around $700...should get you into the 13s.

well right now the tranny is blown....brought it to the track last time before they closed.....off the line got about 20 feet away and snapped my output shaft in two. It was a pain to try to find a new one too. My friend works at ford and he looked it up..only two left in the country at Kendser Ford in Texas. They wanted 350 for them and my dealer would charge me 578. I got the number dirrect and called them, i grabbed both for 350 just cause they wanted to get them off their shelf. Anyways i just got done putting the tranny back together on sat. and its ready to go back in the car. While its mostly apart, i'm doing 3.27's, airbags in rear springs, raised top, 255lph fuel pump, and a new clutch. This should put my into the 13.8 range....or so i hope. I'll have to wait till the spring to fine out but i'll keep ya updated. I put a lot of money in this thing and it better go into the 13's lol. I'm only 17 and i'm broke! haha but i work at an autoparts store so i get parts for cheaper.

Back