Hp and 1/4 mile estimate

philstad28

Hey everyone! im just curious what people think my car makes hp wise and 1/4 mile time wise. It is a 94 5spd sc with around 100k miles. Mods are:
-Ported MPII Blower (non coated rotors)
-5% sc pulley (will be installed over the weekend)
-MP Inlet
-MP raised top
-75mm tb
-Ported heads with 3 angle valve job
-Arp head bolts (chevy 2.8)
-Ported exhaust manifolds
-3rd cat and res delete with custom y pipe and pypes mufflers
-Custom Double Intercooler
-Cone filter

Just wondering what people think it would make. My goal is high 13s. AS far as hp I have no clue :rolleyes: lol It still has stock suspension and the stock 70mm maf and 36# injectors.

Thanks, Phil

Its already faster than a 14.9 I went 14.8 with a boost leak and the stock sc pulley on it with a crappy 60' lol. It went mid 14s with a stock 94 blower with no coating on the rotors :rolleyes:

Its already faster than a 14.9 I went 14.8 with a boost leak and the stock sc pulley on it with a crappy 60' lol. It went mid 14s with a stock 94 blower with no coating on the rotors :rolleyes:

He was quoting Jacob Royer times. :D Seriously though, try to never be surprised by the "SC Shuffle" (one step forward, two steps back). The combo is capable of high 13's, but whether or not you get there is up to you and lady luck. Oh, and a 10% pulley instead of the 5%.

He was quoting Jacob Royer times. :D Seriously though, try to never be surprised by the "SC Shuffle" (one step forward, two steps back). The combo is capable of high 13's, but whether or not you get there is up to you and lady luck. Oh, and a 10% pulley instead of the 5%.

More like 1 step forward 3 steps back lol! I would think an mpii at 5% wouldn't make crap for boost therefore my low et guess.

I guess around 250 rwhp, but that is just a wild guess. There are a lot of hp estimators on the imtetnet. Some work suprising well for just grins and giggles.

Haha these posts are funny! I was going to get a 10% pulley but I didn't want to run a lot of od cuz of the stock injectors. I plan on getting a js pulley later so I can just swap different levels of overdrive. How much of a difference would going from 5% to 10% be?

Haha these posts are funny! I was going to get a 10% pulley but I didn't want to run a lot of od cuz of the stock injectors. I plan on getting a js pulley later so I can just swap different levels of overdrive. How much of a difference would going from 5% to 10% be?
With 10% pulley keep shift points to 4800rpm so you don't run out of fuel. See how much boost it makes, each MPII varies some but I'd be shooting for about 14-15psi @ 4800rpm.

Ok im looking at getting a 10%js pulley later on so maybe ill run that for a while with the stock pulley. I was just worried about fuel issues with 10%od on stock injectors. If I were doing 15%od what injectors would I need to have to be safe?

You'd need at least 42's for that. If you ever plan to do heads/cam then you might as well get 60's now.

Not to go off topic but say you had an Early SC and overdrove it 10% with a descent IC and no tune if you kept the rpms under 4800 would stock #30s go lean?

I would think that 30s wouldn't be enough. Maybe you could get away with it for a while but i still wouldn't do it. I met someone running 30s on a mpII car with 10%od and they didn't blow anything up yet lol. Personally I wouldn't od over 5% with 30s just to play it safe but what do I know :rolleyes:

Dave Dalke would go 13.29
I would go 13.89
Jacob would break something.

Hahaha. ^ lmao

Id say 13.8-14.3 the weather will make a tremendous impact
ur about maxed on the 30s id say

My experience with 15% OD coated rotors and pump gas I was pushing about 20psi with a massive fmic , see picture of abused head. My advice stay at 10% listen to dalke lol emphasis on listen to dalke lol
I made 16 on 10% and coated rotors so that should work pretty good
the double ic does have a compromising location so keep in mind it will heat soak and 15% OD on a heat soaked ic directly to ur motor thats about maxed on injectors and pump gas may not turn out well for you detonation is mean

Dont run it untuned if u do swap injectors have david tune it for u, and to give u an idea of how u can calculate ur fuel injector needs do this...
the 30s I would say u can do

30x6x.9/.65 = (result x .85 )

Thats basically 30lbs times 6 injectors at 90% Duty cycle divided by .65 bsfc (fuel consumption) and then result multiplied by .85 (assuming 15% drivetrain loss)

Gives u ~212rwhp @90% Duty cycle and 235rwhp @100% duty cycle may vary due to variables on Drivetrain loss or bsfc but it's close

Edit my bad just saw it has 36s I guess I confused the 30s lol so here
250rwhp at 90% 280rwhp Maxxed at 100% duty cycle for the 36s fuel pressure can also change this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-21-07-14-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-21-07-14-03.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back