Be Cool coolant

Rob89SC

Just to let anyone know who has a hot running SC, there is a product called Be Cool coolant that I feel really works. I have a 89 that I run it in,it also has a Dave D road tune along with a few other bolt ons. I drive this car year round and have to put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator during the winter because it runs so cool. In 90 degree weather it runs a hair over the 1st white line. It is aviable at summit racing for $30.00 a gallon if anyone is interested.
Rob

I drive this car year round and have to put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator during the winter because it runs so cool.
Rob
Generally if you're having underheating, its the thermostat. A new fresh Stant Super-stat with the stock 195 open temperature should do the job w/o needing to block the radiator. I assume, of course, that you're using a thermostat. Some people take them out or modify it by drilling holes in the plate.. :rolleyes: There are lower temp thermostats, but I wouldn't go below 185.. but yes.. noted that you have a Dave D tune so maybe consult with him.

I have a 180 degree t-stat, I was just stating how well it works. My heat is fine at 30 degrees and above:)

I run Evans NPG+C waterless coolant and my engine temp never goes over 190. I have the same problem when it's cold out with the engine temp not getting up very high. I has been as low as 160 while cruising on the interstate.

The sc has a bypass on the cooling system which does bypass the thermostat. Thus the coolant will circulate and in cold weather can cause engine heating concerns. I usually had 4 or 5 weeks in the winter when temps would be below zero that cardboard in front of half the radiator was needed.

There is nothing special about BeCool coolant compared to any other propylene glycol based antifreeze.

Back