PDA

View Full Version : From Harley f150 to Dodge laramie longhorn 1500

Greg Coleman
11-07-2014, 08:13 AM
623856238462383[ATTACH=][=]Well the old harley was getting old still looking like new mind you but my son bought a 2014 dodge ram 1500 laramie longhorn black with gold on the bottom and I fell in love with it.So I bought one 3 days after he got his.Its the identical truck with air ride 4 6 8 cylinders as you need them.This truck is amazing.Im trying to put up pictures some how. I never thought I would own a dodge but in my opinion its the nicest truck on the road. 400hp hemi isnt bad either.Christopher put a real nice exhaust on it with a K&N air intake on it and its up around 425hp now and daddy is going to do the same.Did I mention he call me an ~~~ for buying the identical truck LMFAO!!:):):)

ALS35
11-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Good for you Greg. I hope it lives up to what you wanted.
I went from a Taurus SEL to a 2012 F150 XTR with the Ecoboost engine. Got it last wednesday night. It will pull 9700 lbs all day long. Now all I need is a trailer and I can rescue my car from Ohio. When Dave is finished fixing it of course.
Alan

Greg Coleman
11-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Check out this truck new pics added:D

shoalcracker
11-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Very sharp.

Paul

91bird
11-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Wow is all I can think of. That is killer nice Greg. Sure beats my crummy old 03 expedition EB. probably uses half the fuel too:o

Greg Coleman
11-13-2014, 12:17 AM
I need to go through a few more tanks of gas and I will let you know what its like. I have 1300 kms on it now.I think the gas tank is around 105 liters and its doing better on gas then the harley.All the seats front and back are heated and cooled.I set the remote start to warm up the drivers seat and steering wheel.It has one hell of a stereo in it to.:D The air ride adjusts according to the speed you go including on the highway or you can set it at 4 different levels. Tech tonic shift works well, voice command, sink, nav. You can set up all around the speedo different things that you personally like such as direction, outside temp, kms you have gone and expected kms left on that tank of gas,gauge for when to change the oil,gauge for ongoing gas millage.This thing is on heck of a machine! And did I mention it is one smooth ride. I hate to say it but the harley wasnt half the truck this one is but i had a hard time handing over the keys! By the way the pic of the interior is off a web site.There are a couple different things, gear shift is on a dial on the dash not on the column and my screen is much bigger and the steering has many more things on it and it has a more complex set of gauges.That shows all the seats and console which are the same closes thing i could find.

HoseHead
11-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Greg,
I run an MDS enhanced 5.7 Hemi in an '08 RAM Sport - 3.92:1 axle ratio.

I realize about 15 litres/100km of combined city highway driving.
Straight hwy at 90 km/hr will get you down to about 12 litres.
Pull a trailer will get you to 17 litres and higher depending on load weight.
Truck will pull a house with piles of low end torque. I believe tow limit is 9500 lbs.

I also run an MDS 5.7 in a 300 and realize as low as 10 litres/100 kms with actual combined of about 12 litres.

I just picked up a 6.1 litre non-MDS SRT8 and it gave me 10.5 litres/100 kms @ 100 Km/hr average from Winnipeg to Ottawa.
Actual combined over 3000 kms showed an average of 12.5 litres/100 kms. Pretty decent numbers for a hairy scary quick car.

The MDS does make a small difference is mileage.
I also have a Borla cat back on the truck.
It sounds like absolute crap when the MDS kicks in at lower speeds.
I always have to default to Tow or OD Off mode just to tolerate the sound.
Your 8 speed tranny may help. Mine is a 5 speed.

Overall a fabulous truck. You'll enjoy it as it appears you already are.

Bruce

NTF - The above actual figures are when driving like a white man.
If you drive like Ed or Al or Dimitri, expect much poorer results wrt mileage. :)
Keeping your foot out of it requires discipline and fortitude. Good luck with that. :D

Greg Coleman
11-13-2014, 07:58 PM
How you doing Bruce. This is the first time ever owning a chrysler product of any kind.Some one put a lot of thought into this truck especially the little things lots of them and it all adds up to one heck of a nice truck.The ambiance blue lighting in the door handles and the pockets at the bottom of the doors is a nice touch. I still dont know exactly what size my gas tank is or what the rear end gears are. I must not be looking in the right places on the old net. I called Borla because I like the borla atak mufflers and they said not with that truck because of the 4 6 8 cylinder thing because it sounds like crap. So I told him I would like to take out the jion where it goes 2 into 1 and go true duels back to a borla muffler 2 in 2 out and continue duels out like it is from the muffler back now.Well it seems there may be a problem with that.Plus he says that join 2 into 1 on that truck is one of the best flowing joins there is on the market stock as it is right now. So I might just do what my son did. He went to zoros and they tried a couple of mufflers and did a cat back and it sounds mean like a hemi should! all for 800 bucks

HoseHead
11-14-2014, 09:03 AM
I'll bet your son's ride sounds like crap when the MDS activates, especially at low speeds.

You can always switch around it by activating Tow or OD Off mode.
Either of those two disable the MDS through the PCM.

On the highway, I let MDS function as it's not noticable at those speeds.

But again, mine's a 5 speed and yours, I believe, is an 8 speed, so Chrysler may have adjusted.

On my 5.7 300C, you can't feel or hear the MDS activate or deactivate. Stock exhaust.

One mandatory device you should add is an oil catch can.
Hemis are notorius for cycling PVC blowby gases back into the intake system - emissions, eh.
Billet makes a nice "catch can" that collects, by gravity, the oil in the blowby route.
Previous SRT8 owner installed one and I collected 250ml of oil in 4500 kms.
Otherwise, that oil would have contributed to gumming up, over time, everything past the CAI cone.

http://billettechnology.com/bt/news/the-original-catch-can/

Bruce

HoseHead
11-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Here's pix of the Billet Catch Can on my SRT.
A nice aluminum bracket and all. Just twist off the base and dump.
That's showing about 180ml after 3000 kms or so. Check, at minimum, at every oil change.
A bonus feature is it allows a superior look at your oil condition at any time.

Violet pieces = laughing gas management system.

decipha
11-16-2014, 03:13 AM
I have a Harley F-150 I bought to drag the supercoupes around

I absolutely love it

http://www.efidynotuning.com/sherinhnika.jpg

91bird
11-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Ummmmmmmm Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when did you become a speed demon man? lol
Do you notice much diference between the nice stock SC's you used to drive around and the 6.1 hemi with the purple attachments?
Or does that dodge need the purple attachments to keep pace with the stock SC's?

Just kidding man. That looks sick!!

Drew

fturner
11-29-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm averaging about the same as Bruce with the 300c, rarely as the get-up-n-go is too much fun to ignore. There nothing like sitting at 50kph and punching it and hearing the back wheels chirping and the low growl... only to be past everyone in a blink of an eye :D.

Fraser