Many thanks!

sgolenski

Greetings,

I've been lurking here for YEARS, mainly when something breaks...
Just wanted to thank everyone here for posting info and suggestions that have saved me a crap-load of money over the years; Most recently (this morning) a bad IAC valve -- replaced and running strong again! With that said, it's most likely back to the shadows for me!

In case you're wondering, mine is an unmolested '89 SC, 5 spd, with 52k on the clock. Dad bought it new in late '89 and it became a garage queen after a couple of years. I started looking after it about 10 years ago and finally talked him in to "officially" selling it to me last year (Even though it's been residing in my garage for at LEAST 7 years...)

Thanks!
Scott G.

Last edited:
i would like the second the thanks...specifically, mike8675309 had a great thread for removing the timing chain cover, talonhead posted about how to set the cam gear after i screwed up my timing and i found another thread for finding tdc on the first cylinder....really didnt want to pull the valve cover after getting everything installed again so i pulled the plug jammed my finger in there and rotated the crank to compression and another full turn...running great...at least for now.

also mike was gracious enough to answer some pm's when i was stressing about the allen bolt on the cover...what a piece.

Back